• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 jothish

jothish
  • Members+
  • 307 posts
  • Interests:Meditation,Astrology.

Posted 30 June 2008 - 06:57 PM

Here is an article about Tat Wale Baba ...it bit long but really worth reading!!!!!
http://www.indiadivi...ayas/Page1.html
:praying:
IDF

#2 Aum Guru

Aum Guru
  • Members+
  • 9,743 posts
  • Interests:Guruji

Posted 30 June 2008 - 09:15 PM

Very interesting.. !! thanks for posting this link. :)

#3 Gurucharan

Gurucharan
  • Members+
  • 4,368 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 11:19 PM

Dear Jothish,

Wonderful post. The Q&A interested me very much.

Student: Does he think that his way of life helps the rest of mankind or only him?

TWB: All these saints meditating and established in the Self, they are the basis for all this running of the entire universe, and they are the basis of the whole thing, and not for themselves alone. Their good vibrations are influencing societies for their advancement.

Just yesterday, the AoY thread, there is a very similar comment that Gurudeva has written as a footnote that was posted. :pronam: Another reference that I specially liked was that to Sukhadeva - the legendary Yogi giant of Vedic fame. :praying: :love:

Jai Tat Wale Baba. Jai Guru.

:praying: :love:

IDF

Sundar

#4 EternalLight

EternalLight
  • Members+
  • 2,898 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 11:39 AM

Here is an article about Tat Wale Baba ...it bit long but really worth reading!!!!!
http://www.indiadivi...ayas/Page1.html
IDF

Very good link and interesting website. I agree with LBee, the Q&A is particularly very good.

Some excerpts:

Having gained this beautiful, perfect human nervous system, if we have known that element of the Self, then we have really used this wonderful diamond-like gift, this diamond-like nervous system which is capable of giving that eternal bliss. If it is not experienced, then we have wasted that gift of diamond. We have taken upon ourselves this human nervous system, not for the sake of petty enjoyment of changing nature in this relative field of change, but to live and be that infinite bliss. And, we will have to attain that thing whether we attain it in this life, or in the next, or in the next. We just can't forego that. Therefore, with the assistance of the guru and the scriptures, better to attain it quickly. Why postpone?

Student: Are there any shortcuts to purification of karma?

TWB: The shortest cut to the purification of karma is surrender to God, devotion to God, realization of the Self. And, when you realize the Self all your mind and senses will be purified. And, when your senses are purified all your actions will be good. They will be life supporting. They behave with you as your friends. And, if the mind is not established in the Self, in the glory of God, then your own senses will become your enemy. And then, all your karma will pounce upon you as your enemy. It is the fixity of the mind in the Self that makes your senses your friend, and non-fixity of the mind in the Self makes your senses your enemy. Senses-enemy means karma, because the karma is performed by the senses. So the karma will be good if the mind is established in the Self and karma will not be good if the mind is not established in the Self.

Practice. Increase your practice to arrive at that goal.

For example, when a visitor once asked him how to control the mind he said that you can't stop desire because it is like trying to stop the Ganges. He said to let the mind flow. But, wherever the mind goes there also see your God, your personal God. That way your mind automatically comes back to the concentration on the goal, God.

...."Tat Wale Baba advised people to put their attention on their guru or God - such as Jesus, Rama, Krishna - while they perform action. By doing so they will gain the ideal of God or guru in their actions."

He has explained certain concepts very beautifully and in simple words. Not very different from our own teachings.

India is a veritable spiritual giant, garbed in a misleading rag of dirt, chaos and disarray. Somewhere I feel this is to protect herself from many superficial seekers, who look only at externals and comfort. And that goes for many Indians as well. Only those true seekers, who look beyond the externals, are able to see India for what she really is -- a phenomenal spiritual powerhouse. So many saints; some known, some not so widely known (like TWB above) and some practically unknown. All working away for the benefit of mankind and the world at large. Amazing.

:pronam: :pronam: :pronam:

~~ "I am submerged in an Eternal Light. It fills every particle of my being. I am living in this Light. The Divine Spirit fills me within & without" ~~

#5 surrender

surrender
  • Members+
  • 4,730 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 12:02 PM

I was wondering if there is a video about him... interesting story :pronam: :meditate: I liked his smile in one of the photos... :rolleyes:

...make me the sea

#6 hong-sau (HS)

hong-sau (HS)
  • Members+
  • 1,009 posts
  • Interests:Guru and God

Posted 03 July 2008 - 07:50 PM

Thank you Jothish :pronam: :love: . In the Q&A session, the answers looked like matching with Sri Ramana Maharshi's.
:pronam: :love: Tat Wale Baba :love:

Attached File  tatwalebaba_01.jpg   32.03KB   0 downloads

India is a veritable spiritual giant, garbed in a misleading rag of dirt, chaos and disarray. Somewhere I feel this is to protect herself from many superficial seekers, who look only at externals and comfort. And that goes for many Indians as well. Only those true seekers, who look beyond the externals, are able to see India for what she really is -- a phenomenal spiritual powerhouse. So many saints; some known, some not so widely known (like TWB above) and some practically unknown. All working away for the benefit of mankind and the world at large. Amazing.

:pronam: :pronam: :pronam:

:pronam: :sparkle: :love:

Solve all your problems through meditation - Lahiri Mahasaya (quoted in AOY)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Year 2014 is Dwapara Yuga year 304 - Ascending    (Ref.: “Holy Science” by Swami Sri Yukteswar Giri) 

#7 Aum Guru

Aum Guru
  • Members+
  • 9,743 posts
  • Interests:Guruji

Posted 03 July 2008 - 08:29 PM

What I feel so bad about is that these great ones are no longer in flesh.... :(

#8 vega

vega
  • Members+
  • 5,296 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 10:43 PM

:pronam: :sparkle:

#9 jothish

jothish
  • Members+
  • 307 posts
  • Interests:Meditation,Astrology.

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:35 PM

The stunning part about the life of this yogi is that he was shot dead by a guy who was crazy with jealousy!!!!!.This is really GOD crazy play ground.

IDF

#10 Gurucharan

Gurucharan
  • Members+
  • 4,368 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 02:16 AM

The stunning part about the life of this yogi is that he was shot dead by a guy who was crazy with jealousy!!!!!.This is really GOD crazy play ground.

IDF

Very true indeed. The deeper part is he always knew about it beforehand and showed no fear or worry about it.

I'm reminded of the great rishi who was killed by a king and his head alone spoke (related in the AOY).

The list of Yogis killed by violence is a long one. Starting from the Lord Krishna (killed by an arrow) / Lord Jesus Christ themselves.

:praying: :praying:

IDF

Sundar

#11 Anjobaba

Anjobaba
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:18 AM

Adesh!you might be interested to see this rare video about Tat Wale Baba.
Om
Anjo

#12 Gurucharan

Gurucharan
  • Members+
  • 4,368 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:15 PM

Loved the video. What a wonderful darshan of the saint!Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Didn't follow a word though - some European language - it is a beautifully made video capturing the essence of life at the holy cities of Rishikesh and may be BenaresPosted Image

IDF

Sundar

#13 balbir77

balbir77
  • Members+
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:50 AM

DEAR ONES , JAI GURU, HERE IS BOOK ON ''TAT WALE BABA'' WRITTEN BY SOME '' VINCENT J . DACZYNSKI''Posted ImageAttached File  tat wale baba.doc   612.5KB   14 downloads

#14 omgurudeva

omgurudeva
  • Moderators
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:32 AM

DEAR ONES , JAI GURU, HERE IS BOOK ON ''TAT WALE BABA'' WRITTEN BY SOME '' VINCENT J . DACZYNSKI''Posted ImageAttached File  tat wale baba.doc   612.5KB   14 downloads

Thanks for sharing this document Balbir. Incredibly inspiring. It would be indeed a great blessing to have the good karma, blessings and good fortune of being able to spend a life absorbed solely in meditating on God and seeking Him!
His talks are very similar to Guruji's teachings. Only one point I didnt quite get. Tat Wale baba says that earth is the only planet for humans. I dont think Guruji said that.
In any case I do plan to look up this holy place in my next visit to Rishikesh in the Himalayas (whenever that is). The other place is the vashistha gufa where Jesus Christ is mentioned to have meditated.
Jai guru
ogd

#15 Anjobaba

Anjobaba
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:21 AM

I was wondering if there is a video about him... interesting story :pronam: :meditate: I liked his smile in one of the photos... :rolleyes:

Namaste'. Here is a rare video on youtube of Tat Wale Baba.
Please follow this link

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users