Photo

Have You Dreamed Of Master?

97 replies to this topic

#1 O Govinda!

O Govinda!
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 06:00 PM

Some years back when I had just finished reading Autobiography for the first time and a little bit before I joined the SRF I had a dream of Master.

I found myself running fast alongside a museum. The police for whatever reason were in hot pursuit of me. I turned a corner and found myself cornered. I recall being very distressed at this. Out of the blue in an all too welcoming voice I heard " Jerico my friend, so easy you are to lose your even mindedness "

I remember looking up and seeing Master leap from a nearby tree down next to me with the nimbleness of a cat. He looked deep into my eyes and motioned me to leap up towards the tree he descended from. I remember telling him I couldn't leap that high and he laughed jovially. He grabbed my arm and leaped pulling me up with him. Next thing I knew the police arrived at the dead end I had run myself into. Master laughed heartily and said. " How easily swayed you've become. Look at how you fret "

He then leaped to another tree. When I tried to do the same I found my leg had become entangled in the branch I was hanging out on.

I then awoke. A short time later I joined the SRF.

Flash forward to a month and half back. After a long time of not having been to the temple and having lost touch with the one thing that was making me happy I returned in full strength to meditation, attendance at the SRF, chanting and most importantly Sri Krsna. After getting back into the swing of things I had a dream of Master after such a long time.

I found myself this time in prison. A mass revolt was apparently in the works from my understanding and it was going to go down soon. The sirens went off and before I knew it the revolt was in full heave. I remember I made my way to some high ground to survey the area and determine the best plan of action. Bypassing some guards who apparently did not care to notice me I snuck into the high tower to get a better view on the situation. Realizing what I needed to do now I turned and began to beat my feet to escape like everyone else. As I opened the door and reached the stairwell I ran smack into Master.
" Guruji! " I shrieked. He smiled upon me with a smile that made me feel at home, despite being in prison in my dream.
" Jerico be successful " He remarked. I put my hands on his face and hugged him tight. I remember the feel of his hair on my hands.
Then I heard a clamor from the stairs beneath. A posse of guards made their way up with batons in hand. I then remember telling Master to get behind me. He calmly made his way behind me and I raised my arms to get ready to get down. The guards came at me in waves, last I remember is me fending them off away from Master to the best of my ability.

Then I awoke. I heard what he said again as I lay there in bed.

So for the past while I've been thinking about it. Was it him visiting me? Did it mean anything?
Even if it doesn't mean anything I was quite pleased to see a moving image of Master.

Have any of you also had dreams of Master?

#2 surrender

surrender
  • Members+
  • 4,730 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 11:25 PM

" Jerico be successful " He remarked.

Did you know exactly what Master meant when in your dream he said that quoted sentence?.. was he speaking of your success in that specific situation? Or you were not sure about what he was referring too?

Were there colors? What was Master wearing? Usually superconscious dreams are that way...anyway I do not think other people can tell you if Master's presence was there...
It seems YES, to me,but it is only YOU who have all the elements..and one of them is really ineffable...is what the Presence leaves behind after manifesting...

It may help thinking about it during meditation.. :sparkle: :sparkle: :meditate: :sparkle: :sparkle:

And to answer to your question,Yes, I have had that kind of dreams....but not many! :rolleyes:

...make me the sea

#3 Memory

Memory
  • Moderators
  • 7,015 posts
  • Interests:Finding God in all things... great and small.

Posted 11 September 2008 - 04:42 PM

I am so glad that you had these dreams.. I believe Master actually visits us through them.. Guruji bless..._()_

I believe this as well... it is a blessing for you... :pronam: :love:
If you unceasingly whisper in your heart to Me.. "Oh my Silent Beloved, speak to me"
I will come to you, My devotee.

#4 starkeeper

starkeeper
  • Members+
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Kriya Yoga, spirituality, reading, science.

Posted 12 September 2008 - 05:18 AM

It is so beautiful to dream the Masters of the SRF. :D
Sometimes has happened also to me. Almost every time i hug them. :D

Recently i have dreamed of Daya Mata and she told me something. Unfortunately i remember only "Come to visit me one time", all the rest is gone away from my memory.. :(
She was in a white dress radiating light, and i think appeared younger than she is now. It was an unusual dream.

jai Guru!

#5 Georgie

Georgie
  • Members+
  • 605 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 08:51 AM

It is so beautiful to dream the Masters of the SRF. :D
Sometimes has happened also to me. Almost every time i hug them. :D

Recently i have dreamed of Daya Mata and she told me something. Unfortunately i remember only "Come to visit me one time", all the rest is gone away from my memory.. :(
She was in a white dress radiating light, and i think appeared younger than she is now. It was an unusual dream.

jai Guru!

I have had a similar dream of her too. She was much younger wearing a white dress and sitting on a bench in a garden. She asked me to sit with her, and that's all I remember.

#6 starkeeper

starkeeper
  • Members+
  • 82 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 11:53 AM

I have had a similar dream of her too. She was much younger wearing a white dress and sitting on a bench in a garden. She asked me to sit with her, and that's all I remember.

Very interesting the similarities. I think indeed that was not a dream. I would like a lot to remember what she said. :(
Maybe other devotees have had strange "dreams" recently. It would nice to try to understand if is the Masters and Daya Mata are preparing us for something..

These things should remember us that we are always protected and watched. :D

Jai Guru!

#7 Stargazer

Stargazer
  • Members+
  • 7,597 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 07:03 PM

Lovely! You are all brave to dare hug them! As much as I would like to, I would not dare! :blink: :love: Stargz.
Make life an enjoyable experience of the soul.

[This] evenmindedness, when maintained by regular deep meditation, removes the boredom, disappointment, and sorrow from everyday life, making it instead a very interesting and enjoyable experience of the soul.

Paramahansa Yogananda in "Inner Peace" page 13.

#8 PhoenixRising

PhoenixRising
  • Members+
  • 1,129 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 07:06 PM

Did any of those dreams make a difference in your spiritual lives?

#9 starkeeper

starkeeper
  • Members+
  • 82 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 02:45 AM

For the dreams of the Masters i have had a good feeling having them and i have understood that i accept them as my Masters and saviors. For me to hug them was a sign of my loyalty and love for them and a sign that they are always with me. :)

#10 little bird

little bird
  • Members+
  • 11,368 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 05:37 AM

For the dreams of the Masters i have had a good feeling having them and i have understood that i accept them as my Masters and saviors. For me to hug them was a sign of my loyalty and love for them and a sign that they are always with me. :)

I think you have the right attitude towards these dreams...!! They usually come to tell us that They love us very much. :)

To me it is a great joy to feel so close to our Beloved Ones that can we hug them as naturally as our dearest human family. In the Lesson on the meaning of dreams Master says to dream of 'saints' (and I feel sure especially our gurus), as well as certain other important spiritual symbols, has a very good meaning. :sparkle:

"May Thy Love shine forever on the sanctuary of our devotion, and may we be able to awaken Thy Love in all hearts."

"Only Love can take my place." Master

"Love one another." Christ

#11 AUM1955

AUM1955
  • Members+
  • 354 posts
  • Interests:Quantum Physics, Quantum Mechanics, Astronomy, Music and most importantly Self Realization Fellowship.

Posted 18 September 2008 - 07:26 PM

:love: When first starting the SRF Lessons, I had a dream of working in a garden on a sunny bright day, digging the soil for planting flower seeds. I vividly remember Master standing close by in his ochre robe, instructing and pointing to me as to the correct way to till the soil. As I recall Masters voice, it was loving but somewhat stern, as if I was doing something incorrect. I do not remember what words were spoke, however to this day this dream remains etched in my memory :love: .

:love: In Divine Friendship, In Divine Love :love: ,

:pronam: don :pronam:

#12 Blue Calm

Blue Calm
  • Members+
  • 366 posts
  • Interests:Serving Master. Writing inspirational novels. Walking in nature. Family. Solitude.

Posted 19 September 2008 - 03:29 AM

I agree, it's nice just to see a 'moving picture of Master', so that when dreams such as these come we can relish them and rejoice, that for once, our dreams were blessed, either in a real spiritual way, or just through our subconscious. Who cares, Master was there! Daya Ma was there. How blessed we feel to wake from such dreams.

Although we should probably pause now to remember "When I am only a dream" and how Master is ever living, with us always. But it's still nice to dream.

Thank you for sharing.

Latika
xx

#13 AUM1955

AUM1955
  • Members+
  • 354 posts
  • Interests:Quantum Physics, Quantum Mechanics, Astronomy, Music and most importantly Self Realization Fellowship.

Posted 19 September 2008 - 04:34 AM

:love: We are all "dreaming within a dream, within a dream" :blink: :D . :love:

Thanks Blue Calm and good hearing from you again as I have been away from the board for some time.......... :praying: by my own great fault,
:praying: by my own great fault, :praying: by my own great fault :praying: .

:love:
This board is my sanctuary of which I fly/run back to for Spiritual upliftment. :love: .
Thank you yogananda.net for being here :pronam: , and to those whom have given me so much support :pronam: .
Blessings be upon all :pronam: :pronam: and this is truly from my Heart :love: .

:praying: In Divine Friendship/Divine Love :love: , :pronam: don :pronam:

#14 Blue Calm

Blue Calm
  • Members+
  • 366 posts
  • Interests:Serving Master. Writing inspirational novels. Walking in nature. Family. Solitude.

Posted 19 September 2008 - 01:24 PM

Thank you AUM1955, glad that you are back on-board as well at the same time.

I keep dreaming of the monks and nuns, which is wonderful too. Has happened regularly for about a year or so, ever since I went to Convocation in 2008. Another blessing from Convocation.

Hope we are all racing towards the Infinite.

In Master
Latika
:love:

#15 SaintMirabai

SaintMirabai
  • Members+
  • 1,551 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 03:36 AM

O Govinda!

What a marvellous dream. Jerico was tower of false belief that shattered to the trumpets of truth. I think. I find your dream full of meaning.

Yesterday I was feeling troubled. I was just reading and thinking about Swami Sri Yukteshawaji, and a voice in my solare plexus said @exceptional saviour@.

Not a dream, and I was awake.

Herewith my salutations.

IDF
Mirry

#16 Memory

Memory
  • Moderators
  • 7,015 posts
  • Interests:Finding God in all things... great and small.

Posted 23 September 2008 - 04:53 PM

:love: When first starting the SRF Lessons, I had a dream of working in a garden on a sunny bright day, digging the soil for planting flower seeds. I vividly remember Master standing close by in his ochre robe, instructing and pointing to me as to the correct way to till the soil. As I recall Masters voice, it was loving but somewhat stern, as if I was doing something incorrect. I do not remember what words were spoke, however to this day this dream remains etched in my memory :love: .

:love: In Divine Friendship, In Divine Love :love: ,

:pronam: don :pronam:

What an incredible dream Don~ and so full of meaning.. how wonderful for you~! :pronam:

He is just behind that thin veil of our consciousness...guiding us always.. how blessed we are~! :pronam:

Jai Guru :pronam: :love:

If you unceasingly whisper in your heart to Me.. "Oh my Silent Beloved, speak to me"
I will come to you, My devotee.

#17 happybuddha

happybuddha
  • Members+
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 09:31 PM

Hi,

I think we can talk about dreams. I have been wanting by all my heart to touch the feet of PY once, just once. And since I know it aint possible in physical body I asked my mind to dream about it. Alas, it just wouldnt. It will bring back all memories and dream about a few fantasies, but it never dreamt of PY. So gradually, I requested my mind, and requested all the masters of the YSS lineage to please come in my dreams, and no one came for a long time.
Infact, my sister when she read AoY dreamt of Babaji. He was there to protect her(she was in a hospital) and blessed all the family. My sister said " All of us were there in the dream and only you were missing " !
Can you feel that pain ?
I have been mentally requesting Daya Ma too often. However one night it happened :)
She came. I consumed alcohol the previous night but am sure I dreamed it. She was much younger, I think dressed in red and black. She picked up the phone smiled a big smile and said " This is Faye".
Boom. Over
But yes, she did come to me in my dream, or may be my mind just fabricated some chemical.

At times I feel the need in me for a darshan of God or the masters is so very much that I think my mind will go mad and probably have a chemical imbalance and hallucinate and produce images for me.

IDF

#18 MLG

MLG
  • Members+
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:Meditation, Reading, Cooking, Nature Walks

Posted 25 September 2008 - 02:19 AM

"But you can quarrel with Him, tell Him how cruel He is... He won't mind.."

I don't quarrel but I do complain and nag and whine...I tell him 'you show up in other devotee's dreams but never mine...Unfair!!' :angry: :unsure:

#19 SaintMirabai

SaintMirabai
  • Members+
  • 1,551 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 03:00 AM

I don't quarrel but I do complain and nag and whine...I tell him 'you show up in other devotee's dreams but never mine...Unfair!!' :angry: :unsure:

Never been visited by any of the great ones either, but I am always dreaming about my car, and have usually lost it, and am very anxious ... :angry:
IDF Mirry

#20 Blue Calm

Blue Calm
  • Members+
  • 366 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 03:16 AM

I can relate to that Mirry (love your name), I often dream about having to get to the airport for a long haul flight to the UK, or Los Angeles or back to Australia. Only last night I was dreaming about being late for a plane to Convocation.

Just a thought; I often find that the happiest relationships I have, I rarely dream about those people. The ones who have caused me pain or who are unresolved, they are the ones who pop up more frequently. I think the subconscious works through unresolved issues in that way.

Doesn't surprise me that we don't dream more about Master on that score. And anyway, remember what Master said to Rajarsi, after his passing, when Rajarsi could see him but the other devotees could not. That the devotees had to learn to come to him... because this was the greater spiritual test, than Master just appearing to them all. Is that in "In Memorium" I think?

Master, thank you for all our blessings. Be with us always, awake in delusion or asleep, dreaming, blind, be with us just the same.

Latika
:praying:

#21 username

username
  • Members+
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:God

Posted 09 October 2008 - 05:50 PM

I was in a car with the Guru, being followed by JD Walters. :lol:

#22 YSS devotee

YSS devotee
  • Members+
  • 118 posts
  • Interests:Meditation on God.<br />I also like to read spiritual books and listen to music.<br />I love adventure sports and hmm right now dabbling with playing guitar... dont know how well will I be able to pick it up but yes..I am trying :-)

Posted 19 October 2008 - 10:11 AM

yes same here.. :(

#23 Blue Nova

Blue Nova
  • Members+
  • 2,125 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy gardening, my three Jack Russell terriers, nature, yoga, meditating, reading books written by our Gurus.......

Posted 20 October 2008 - 02:49 PM

Master, thank you for all our blessings. Be with us always, awake in delusion or asleep, dreaming, blind, be with us just the same.

Latika

:praying: :praying:
~*~*~* Jai Guru *~*~*~

#24 Truthseeker58

Truthseeker58
  • Members+
  • 118 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 10:36 AM

I can commisserate with you. I haven't seen Master in my dreams in a long time as much as I want to.

Years ago, I did see him in dreams on 2 occasions. This first dream was when I was on the path for only a year. I saw people do a full pranam at the Commemorative Services and was 'afraid' I would look clumsy if I tried - my ego, of course. So this caused me alot of worry. I watched people do the mechanics of it to try and 'practice'.

One night, I had a dream where I was standing next to a stone tower with many other people. Everyone was staring up at a long high stone stairway that was coming from a higher level above this tower. I instinctively knew we were all waiting for Master's appearance. I remember thinking to myself, "Oh, you had better do that full pranam correctly and at the right time because you want it to be perfect for the Master." etc etc. I was talking to myself in this way only worrying about the mechanics of this pranam when I would see Master. As I was standing there with the others, I turned to my right and saw a man with dark skin in an overcoat wearing a hat. I looked at him and smiled and politely pranamed in friendship with my 2 hands together and then turned to continue my gaze at the staircase.

In an instant, I realized, "That was Master!" And I quickly turned again to my right, and he was gone! I immediately got the message that I needed to pranam FROM THE HEART and not just mechanically from the body. I felt ashamed that I had been thinking of my ego so much and Master showed me that so much thought and worry should not proceed a pranam -- if it comes from the heart.

Hi,

I think we can talk about dreams. I have been wanting by all my heart to touch the feet of PY once, just once. And since I know it aint possible in physical body I asked my mind to dream about it. Alas, it just wouldnt. It will bring back all memories and dream about a few fantasies, but it never dreamt of PY. So gradually, I requested my mind, and requested all the masters of the YSS lineage to please come in my dreams, and no one came for a long time.
Infact, my sister when she read AoY dreamt of Babaji. He was there to protect her(she was in a hospital) and blessed all the family. My sister said " All of us were there in the dream and only you were missing " !
Can you feel that pain ?
I have been mentally requesting Daya Ma too often. However one night it happened :)
She came. I consumed alcohol the previous night but am sure I dreamed it. She was much younger, I think dressed in red and black. She picked up the phone smiled a big smile and said " This is Faye".
Boom. Over
But yes, she did come to me in my dream, or may be my mind just fabricated some chemical.

At times I feel the need in me for a darshan of God or the masters is so very much that I think my mind will go mad and probably have a chemical imbalance and hallucinate and produce images for me.

IDF

#25 InfiniteHeaven

InfiniteHeaven
  • Members+
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 11:36 AM

Reading these experiences, reminded me of an experience I had many years ago. It wasn't a dream, at least I hope not! because that could have been bad! I was driving back to Missouri in 1999, after having spent some time at the ashram in Encinitas. In Texas my car began overheating. I pulled over to a service station and someone there added water to the radiator and told me that it had a hole in it, and would not make it to Missouri. I didn't have the money to be able to fix the radiator, and I could not stay in Texas, so decided to risk continuing my travels back home.

It was late at night, and I just knew my car was not going to make it the hundreds of miles that I still needed to travel. I began to pray fervently. "God, please, just let me make it back home." In the middle of the night, on a dark highway, with hardly any traffic around, I knew if the car went kaput! I would be stranded. My prayers became more fervent. Suddenly, Paramahansaji appeared on the hood of my car, sitting in the lotus position, smiling at me. At times he would seem to laugh. So I "talked" with him the rest of the way home. "Yeah, it's easy for you sitting on the hood of my car laughing at me," and "You really find a lot of humor in this don't you?" And he would laugh, and though I couldn't hear him, I could tell that it was a hearty laugh because he would throw his head back and laugh with his whole body.

I don't remember the rest of the trip home. I don't remember going through Oklahoma and most of Missouri. Within miles of being home, Paramahansaji disappeared. My car had made it, with a hole in the radiator, from Texas to Missouri, without any more stops along the way, without the need to put more water in the radiator. As soon as I pulled in the driveway, suddenly steam began pouring from the engine. I remember even then just thanking God and Paramahansaji for fulfilling my prayer. I had made it home.

#26 mahdhu

mahdhu
  • Members+
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 04:19 AM

Reading these experiences, reminded me of an experience I had many years ago. It wasn't a dream, at least I hope not! because that could have been bad! I was driving back to Missouri in 1999, after having spent some time at the ashram in Encinitas. In Texas my car began overheating. I pulled over to a service station and someone there added water to the radiator and told me that it had a hole in it, and would not make it to Missouri. I didn't have the money to be able to fix the radiator, and I could not stay in Texas, so decided to risk continuing my travels back home.

It was late at night, and I just knew my car was not going to make it the hundreds of miles that I still needed to travel. I began to pray fervently. "God, please, just let me make it back home." In the middle of the night, on a dark highway, with hardly any traffic around, I knew if the car went kaput! I would be stranded. My prayers became more fervent. Suddenly, Paramahansaji appeared on the hood of my car, sitting in the lotus position, smiling at me. At times he would seem to laugh. So I "talked" with him the rest of the way home. "Yeah, it's easy for you sitting on the hood of my car laughing at me," and "You really find a lot of humor in this don't you?" And he would laugh, and though I couldn't hear him, I could tell that it was a hearty laugh because he would throw his head back and laugh with his whole body.

I don't remember the rest of the trip home. I don't remember going through Oklahoma and most of Missouri. Within miles of being home, Paramahansaji disappeared. My car had made it, with a hole in the radiator, from Texas to Missouri, without any more stops along the way, without the need to put more water in the radiator. As soon as I pulled in the driveway, suddenly steam began pouring from the engine. I remember even then just thanking God and Paramahansaji for fulfilling my prayer. I had made it home.

you are blessed to have this experience. " He guards all with his invisible hands" doesn't he? :praying: :love:

#27 Sarika

Sarika
  • Members+
  • 329 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 08:11 AM

infinite heaven, you are really a blessed soul!!!
"Unknown I will walk by thy side and guard you with my invisible arms"

#28 Catalina

Catalina
  • Members+
  • 6,255 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 12:09 PM

Dear Truthseeker 58,
I think you will enjoy this photo of Master! This picture is from Kamala's photo book.Attached File  Hat___Overcoat.jpg   305.3KB   12 downloads

#29 surrender

surrender
  • Members+
  • 4,730 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 01:31 PM

Thank you so much Catalina for this photo and the ones you posted in the Gallery :flowers2: :sparkle:

...make me the sea

#30 Catalina

Catalina
  • Members+
  • 6,255 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 01:44 PM

Thank you so much Catalina for this photo and the ones you posted in the Gallery :flowers2: :sparkle:

You are welcome surrender - I hope everyone enjoys them... IDF C.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users