Yogananda Movie?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 wbh

wbh
  • Members+
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 07:15 PM

I heard about this in my meditation group today. Wondered if anyone else has heard anything. I was told that the mother center has an oscar winning director on board and they will be working though the rest of the preliminary stuff over the next 4-5 months.

#2 Moko

Moko
  • Members+
  • 415 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 07:22 PM

You meant 'Yogananda Movie' not 'Yogananda Move' I assume, correct? I have heard nothing of this, but since I live in Boston, I wouldn't expect to have done. :P

#3 ancientsong

ancientsong
  • Members+
  • 50 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 08:23 PM

March, 2009
Announcement from Mother Center for SRF Centers and Groups

We are pleased to share with you the news of a documentary film project that is about to be
launched on the spiritual and humanitarian work of our guru, Paramahansa Yogananda, and his
society, Self-Realization Fellowship/Yogoda Satsanga Society of India.

SRF is very grateful that during this time of economic challenges, an independent film company
has been funded by two generous individuals (who wish to remain anonymous) to undertake this
important project.

As was expressed in the recent Voluntary League Newsletter, these are times when our Guru’s
spiritual light and inspiration is being sought by an increasing number of people. We are sure this
film, which is being made with SRF’s full cooperation, will introduce countless seekers to
Paramahansa Yogananda and Self-Realization Fellowship when it is released.

Work on the research phase of the film project is just beginning. The entire project is estimated to
take a couple of years to complete. Over the next four to five months, CounterPoint Films – an
Academy Award nominee who has been selected to produce the film – will be conducting research
which will include information-gathering interviews with SRF monks and nuns, and lay members, as
well as film shoots of our locations, services, and activities.

We are confident that this film will have a far-reaching impact on the growing audience of spiritual
seekers around the world, and welcome your prayers for the success of this project.
As the project moves forward, we will keep you informed of its future development.

In divine friendship,
SELF-REALIZATION FELLOWSHIP

#4 Stargazer

Stargazer
  • Members+
  • 7,425 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 10:08 PM

I am relieved that he is not going anywhere! (he is everywhere!!!).
But that sounds so interesting! And this time it is a proper film, through SRF.
Oh, no, who will play him!!!! All the Jesuses we have seen! :D :love: Stargz.
Make life an enjoyable experience of the soul.

[This] evenmindedness, when maintained by regular deep meditation, removes the boredom, disappointment, and sorrow from everyday life, making it instead a very interesting and enjoyable experience of the soul.

Paramahansa Yogananda in "Inner Peace" page 13.

#5 tafi

tafi
  • Members+
  • 221 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 04:04 AM

I suppose any one of the EE's could be a "Yogananda Move"?

:D

#6 pberq

pberq
  • Members+
  • 787 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 04:11 AM

March, 2009
Announcement from Mother Center for SRF Centers and Groups

. . .

That's great news. Master said that millions would be saved through SRF, not just thousands.

:pronam:

#7 innernature

innernature
  • Members+
  • 1,814 posts
  • Interests:Meditation, Aikido, Travel, Self-Education, Web Design

Posted 16 March 2009 - 04:43 AM

The film makers are an Academy award nominee, not Oscar winners. It's going to be a documentary about SRF, so I don't think anyone will need to play Yogananda.

Their nominated film was called "Speaking in Strings"(2000). (http://www.hollywood...ations/2000.jsp)
From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere.

~ Dr. Seuss

#8 lotusflower

lotusflower
  • Members+
  • 3,954 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 04:49 AM

:love: :sparkle: Great news, thanks for sharing the detailed information! :sparkle: :love:

IDF, Lotusflower. :pronam:
Everything in the future will improve if you make the spiritual effort now.

#9 wbh

wbh
  • Members+
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 05:29 AM

Um yeah.......oops. I meant movie. Fixed that. Thanks for the info ancientsong. :)

#10 pyislove

pyislove
  • Members+
  • 1,235 posts
  • Interests:All things spiritual, photography,
    art, psychology, Writing.

Posted 16 March 2009 - 09:05 AM

I was hoping somenone would come along and do this soon,
especially if they do a good job on it.
This is a very challenging project.

I heard about this in my meditation group today. Wondered if anyone else has heard anything. I was told that the mother center has an oscar winning director on board and they will be working though the rest of the preliminary stuff over the next 4-5 months.

#11 shiv_d

shiv_d
  • Members+
  • 116 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 02:50 PM

Having experience doing visual effects work on Hollywood feature films/commercials...I would love to contribute towards it.

I really hope they do a good job at it. Counter Point Films don't even have a website and just have one movie to their
credit. I want this to be the best documentary ever made.

Not saying that CPF won't be able to pull it off but I think SRF should look for a better film company.

Just my 2 cents :)

#12 hong-sau (HS)

hong-sau (HS)
  • Members+
  • 1,024 posts
  • Interests:Guru and God

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:18 PM

:love: :love: :love: Great news. Jai Guru :love: :love: :love:

Solve all your problems through meditation - Lahiri Mahasaya (quoted in AOY)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Year 2014 is Dwapara Yuga year 304 - Ascending    (Ref.: “Holy Science” by Swami Sri Yukteswar Giri) 

#13 vpn

vpn
  • Members+
  • 3,214 posts
  • Interests:Left with only one interest. Securing God.

Posted 16 March 2009 - 07:38 PM

This is quite exciting. I hope they will change the title though. ' Speaking in Strings ' is not at all a good title. Wonder where they got it from.
IDL

#14 lucknow

lucknow
  • Members+
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 07:53 PM

I'm glad they're doing it now, while there are still some disciples alive that were with Guruji at Mother Center and Encinitas.

#15 eternal bliss

eternal bliss
  • Members+
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 08:01 PM

:love: No, vpn, "Speaking in Strings" won't be the title of the SRF documentary, it was the title of that nominated film in 2000 by "CounterPoint Film". See Crystal's post. :) Otherwise you are right, would be a strange title ;) !
I'm really looking forward to the film.

IDF Birgit
Jai Guru :pronam:

The film makers are an Academy award nominee, not Oscar winners. It's going to be a documentary about SRF, so I don't think anyone will need to play Yogananda.

Their nominated film was called "Speaking in Strings"(2000). (http://www.hollywood...ations/2000.jsp)

"Unknown I will walk by your side and
guard you with invisible arms." ~PY

#16 Irihapeti

Irihapeti
  • Members+
  • 5,331 posts
  • Interests:SRF meditation family animals gardening walking cycling<br />motorbike pillion riding

Posted 16 March 2009 - 10:37 PM

Most interesting will look forward to the film. Dear Shiv d, you are very talented and maybe it would be a good idea if you contacted Mother Centre to let them know about what you have done as sure they would very much welcome your input. God Bless you. In Divine Friendship and Love. :pronam: :love:
I am fearless; I am made of the substance of God. I am a spark of the Fire of Spirit. I am an atom of the Cosmic Flame. I am a cell of the vast universal body of the Father. "I and my Father are One." - Paramahansa Yogananda

#17 Mahavir_

Mahavir_
  • Members+
  • 4,628 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 07:50 AM

Hahahaha :lol:

'One who practices pranayama, truly loves all beings.'  ~  Lahiri Mahasaya

#18 Stargazer

Stargazer
  • Members+
  • 7,425 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 06:01 PM

:rofl: :B): Stargz.

[This] evenmindedness, when maintained by regular deep meditation, removes the boredom, disappointment, and sorrow from everyday life, making it instead a very interesting and enjoyable experience of the soul.

#19 Stargazer

Stargazer
  • Members+
  • 7,425 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 06:14 PM

It could have been misunderstood for "speaking in tongues" :D - so just as well.
With that title I first thought of superstrings, as in science, but of course, it must be music!!!! What a funny thread with all the misunderstandings. Let us hope the film will not be like that; I would "die". P.S. Maybe they got the idea from that film about Jesus in India?:rolleyes: Stargz.

:love: No, vpn, "Speaking in Strings" won't be the title of the SRF documentary, it was the title of that nominated film in 2000 by "CounterPoint Film". See Crystal's post. :) Otherwise you are right, would be a strange title ;) !
I'm really looking forward to the film.

IDF Birgit
Jai Guru :pronam:

#20 Stargazer

Stargazer
  • Members+
  • 7,425 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 06:20 PM

I was thinking the same. Are you still in that area? I see, San Francisco. Stargz.

Most interesting will look forward to the film. Dear Shiv d, you are very talented and maybe it would be a good idea if you contacted Mother Centre to let them know about what you have done as sure they would very much welcome your input. God Bless you. In Divine Friendship and Love. :pronam: :love:

#21 Stargazer

Stargazer
  • Members+
  • 7,425 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 10:08 PM

Maybe it will be in line with the existing video "Life of P.Y. - Early years in America", but greatly expanded ???
I admire them at SRF; always something new and interesting :D. :love: Stargz.

#22 shiv_d

shiv_d
  • Members+
  • 116 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 01:04 AM

thank you Irhapeti and Stargazer. currently I am in LA freelancing on some commercials before I hop back onto feature films.

yeh, i gotta write to Mother Centre for the same. have to work on this movie.

my personal wish was for a live-action + computer graphics feature film or television series on 'Autobiography of a Yogi'. what do you folks think?

#23 Stargazer

Stargazer
  • Members+
  • 7,425 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 01:41 AM

As long as DVDs could be bought all over the world, so it is not just in the USA, that they can be seen! :D. Do let them have you working with them !!! Do all you can!!! Ask Master himself!!! ^_^ Stargz.

thank you Irhapeti and Stargazer. currently I am in LA freelancing on some commercials before I hop back onto feature films.

yeh, i gotta write to Mother Centre for the same. have to work on this movie.

my personal wish was for a live-action + computer graphics feature film or television series on 'Autobiography of a Yogi'. what do you folks think?

#24 PhoenixRising

PhoenixRising
  • Members+
  • 969 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 02:08 AM

I just hope that it's strictly SRF if you know what I mean! No detractors please!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users