#541 little bird

little bird
  • Members+
  • 11,368 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:42 PM

Loved this! :)

http://www.sundancen...m/film/buck/757

Buck
"Your horse is a mirror to your soul, and sometimes you may not like what you see. Sometimes, you will." So says Buck Brannaman, a true American cowboy and sage on horseback who travels the country for nine grueling months a year helping horses with people problems. BUCK, a richly textured and visually stunning film, follows Brannaman from his abusive childhood to his phenomenally successful approach to horses. A real-life "horse-whisperer", he eschews the violence of his upbringing and teaches people to communicate with their horses through leadership and sensitivity, not punishment. Buck possesses near magical abilities as he dramatically transforms horses and people with his understanding, compassion and respect. In this film, the animal-human relationship becomes a metaphor for facing the daily challenges of life. A truly American story about an unsung hero, BUCK is about an ordinary man who has made an extraordinary life despite tremendous odds.
[/quote]

Loved this one, too. :love:

How to Train Your Dragon

"May Thy Love shine forever on the sanctuary of our devotion, and may we be able to awaken Thy Love in all hearts."

"Only Love can take my place." Master

"Love one another." Christ

#542 brygivrob

brygivrob
  • Moderators
  • 3,443 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:08 AM

I saw The Adjustment Bureau which I think is an action-romance, if that is a genre. It is loosely based upon a short story by the great sci-fi author, Philip K. Dick.

I don't want to give spoilers so will just say I was awed and inspired by the spiritual references made in the movie.

Dick's short story, "Adjustment Team," can be read at scribd.com

"Refuse to accept any limiting condition." -- Paramahansa Yogananda

#543 little bird

little bird
  • Members+
  • 11,368 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:45 AM

I saw The Adjustment Bureau which I think is an action-romance, if that is a genre. It is loosely based upon a short story by the great sci-fi author, Philip K. Dick.

I don't want to give spoilers so will just say I was awed and inspired by the spiritual references made in the movie.

I just read several Netflix reviews and was very impressed with descriptions of the spiritual theme of this movie, it's on my list, thanks. :)

PS: what is your definition of a 'spoiler', Bry?

"May Thy Love shine forever on the sanctuary of our devotion, and may we be able to awaken Thy Love in all hearts."

#544 brygivrob

brygivrob
  • Moderators
  • 3,443 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 10:01 AM

spoiler means to give away a considerable part of the plot of the movie thereby "ruining" it for some people

I just read several Netflix reviews and was very impressed with descriptions of the spiritual theme of this movie, it's on my list, thanks. :)

PS: what is your definition of a 'spoiler', Bry?

#545 little bird

little bird
  • Members+
  • 11,368 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 10:28 AM

spoiler means to give away a considerable part of the plot of the movie thereby "ruining" it for some people

Interesting, I think of it as giving away the ending. Out of curiosity I just did a search to see how it is defined on the net. The Wikipedia article gave the 'ending' definition first, but said it also applies to any information that reduces the 'suspense' which is what you seem to be getting at.

For me, the plot is least important aspect of a movie (except for the ending), next to character development and moral/spiritual themes. But I might try to be more mindful of your definition in giving movie descriptions from now own for those who don't want to know too much about the plot.

:)

#546 brygivrob

brygivrob
  • Moderators
  • 3,443 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 10:36 AM

i personally don't care about spoilers, but i have been severely chastised by persons who do

most movies don't have a special surprise ending, imo; or so many of them follow hack formulas that i can guess what will happen; it is the quality of the whole body of the movie that counts for me

Interesting, I think of it as giving away the ending. Out of curiosity I just did a search to see how it is defined on the net. The Wikipedia article gave the 'ending' definition first, but said it also applies to any information that reduces the 'suspense' which is what you seem to be getting at.

For me, the plot is least important aspect of a movie (except for the ending), next to character development and moral/spiritual themes. But I might try to be more mindful of your definition in giving movie descriptions from now own for those who don't want to know too much about the plot.

:)

#547 little bird

little bird
  • Members+
  • 11,368 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 10:48 AM

i personally don't care about spoilers, but i have been severely chastised by persons who do

most movies don't have a special surprise ending, imo; or so many of them follow hacked formulas that i can guess what will happen; it is the quality of the whole body of the movie that counts for me

Me, too.

#548 brygivrob

brygivrob
  • Moderators
  • 3,443 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 11:22 AM

lb,
i thot about it, and the adjustment bureau actually does have a remarkable ending; it was cool for me even after i had read Dick's original short the movie was based upon

ps, hack formulas better English than hacked

most movies don't have a special surprise ending, imo; or so many of them follow hacked formulas that i can guess what will happen; it is the quality of the whole body of the movie that counts for me

Me, too.

#549 little bird

little bird
  • Members+
  • 11,368 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 12:58 PM

lb,
i thot about it, and the adjustment bureau actually does have a remarkable ending; it was cool for me even after i had read Dick's original short the movie was based upon

I do like good endings, actually that part is really important to me. And if the movie is still good after you know the ending, that means it's an even better movie, to me. I'm looking forward to it.

#550 brygivrob

brygivrob
  • Moderators
  • 3,443 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:38 AM

full movie at that link; michael caine and ben kingsley star in a sherlock holmes spoof (1988)

also lots of charlie chan movies with Master's devotee, warner oland; here is one:

#551 little bird

little bird
  • Members+
  • 11,368 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 03:42 PM

Three motives I've rewatched recently, all true, and to me amazingly inspiring stories.

Invictus--How Nelson Mandela brought black and white South Africa together

Remember the Titans
--How a black football coach brought black and whites together in one of the first integrated high schools.

Temple Grandin--Amazing story of an autistic woman who made huge break throughs in the understanding of autism, and made amazing contributions to the field of animal handling.

:love:

#552 SoulSoldier7

SoulSoldier7
  • Members+
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:44 PM

Just watched Shaolin (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1533749/) on netflix.com...

Enjoyed it very much & a 3 combination winner for me... Shaolin Monks, Kung Fu fighting scenes, Spiritual principles... Posted Image

#553 brygivrob

brygivrob
  • Moderators
  • 3,443 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:40 PM

The Chosen One

free on Hulu: http://www.hulu.com/.../the-chosen-one

wait till you see his brother, the "monk"

it's a comedy

#554 brygivrob

brygivrob
  • Moderators
  • 3,443 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:21 PM

Maybe only "noble and uplifting" for the guys who like action!

Enemy of the State, free whole movie on youtube, (until it gets taken down)

#555 AdiDas

AdiDas
  • Members+
  • 116 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:16 PM

For the first time, the reclusive and secretive Tibetan monks agree to discuss aspects of their philosophy and allow themselves to be filmed while performing their ancient practices.

Yogis of Tibet

:love:
Those wise ones who see that the consciousness within them is the same consciousness within all beings, attain peace.

~ Katha Upanishad ~

* _/ \_ *

God sleeps in the rock

Dreams in the plant
Stirs in the animals
And begins to awaken
in man.

~ Ibn Al Arabi ~
12th Century Spanish Sufi Mystic

#556 brygivrob

brygivrob
  • Moderators
  • 3,443 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 08:26 AM

found this:
www.gsmovies.com

#557 quanta

quanta
  • Members+
  • 84 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:57 AM

found this:
www.gsmovies.com

Wow, love this link! Can watch movies right there online, no signup, no wait...Awesome, thanks for sharing! Posted Image

To add my spiritual faves:
The Celestine Prophecy
Matrix (we're definitely living in the matrix Posted Image)
Jumper (not too spiritual, but he can think about where he'd like to be and take his body with him, kinda like the great yogi Masters)

#558 brygivrob

brygivrob
  • Moderators
  • 3,443 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:23 AM

found this:
www.gsmovies.com

Wow, love this link! Can watch movies right there online, no signup, no wait...Awesome, thanks for sharing! Posted Image

To add my spiritual faves:
The Celestine Prophecy
Matrix (we're definitely living in the matrix Posted Image)
Jumper (not too spiritual, but he can think about where he'd like to be and take his body with him, kinda like the great yogi Masters)

yeah, when it asks for us to get a premium membership just click "or see in bad quality" and movie continues just the same

#559 Eastward_In_Eden

Eastward_In_Eden
  • Members+
  • 506 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 06:56 AM

Visited my son in Dallas recently and I watched BARAKA for the first time... a stunning non-verbal movie... and now there is to be a sequel.... SAMSARA :lol:

"Whenever the mind wanders in the maze of myriad worldly thoughts,
patiently lead it back to remembrance of the indwelling Lord."
- Paramahansa Yogananda

http://soundcloud.com/eastward_in_eden

#560 lotusflower

lotusflower
  • Moderators
  • 5,142 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:34 AM

Just saw a french film, Intouchables, bases on a true story.
It's a story of how of how an unemployed man (from a poor enviroment) is forces to apply for a job, as a caretaker of a handicapted man (who is paralyzed from his neck down, due to an accident and who is very wealthy). The unemployed man has no intention what so ever to take the job, but is challanged by the handicapted man to take the job. So he takes the challange and in time a wonderful friendship developpes between the two.
A really touching and inspiring story!
<span style='font-size: 10px;'><span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'><span style='color: #000080'>Everything in the future will improve if you make the spiritual effort now.</span></span></span>

#561 lotusflower

lotusflower
  • Moderators
  • 5,142 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:06 AM

The way, an inspiring film about the pelgrimage to Santiago the Compostella.
<span style='font-size: 10px;'><span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'><span style='color: #000080'>Everything in the future will improve if you make the spiritual effort now.</span></span></span>

#562 SoulSoldier7

SoulSoldier7
  • Members+
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 04:06 PM

Awake: The Life of Yogananda

:popcorn:  :popcorn:  :popcorn:  ^_^  ^_^  ^_^

#563 anietie

anietie
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 02:06 PM

Hello!  I am a filmmaker and so happy to find this thread.  I love inspirational movies.  Currently, I am producing/directing a short film I wrote which is inspired by one of the stories of Swami Sri Yukteswar's early life that Paramahansa Yogananda wrote about in "Autobiography of a Yogi."  The film is titled "Priyanath."  “Priyanath” is an inspiring superhero tale embodying the spirit of youth and fearlessness.  I can’t wait to share this film with audiences around the world.  We are almost done with production of the film and are currently raising funds to finish the film on Indiegogo.com.  You can learn more about the project and get a sneak peek at the film footage at

#564 brygivrob

brygivrob
  • Moderators
  • 3,443 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 11:44 AM

Hello!  I am a filmmaker and so happy to find this thread.  I love inspirational movies.  Currently, I am producing/directing a short film I wrote which is inspired by one of the stories of Swami Sri Yukteswar's early life that Paramahansa Yogananda wrote about in "Autobiography of a Yogi."  The film is titled "Priyanath."  “Priyanath” is an inspiring superhero tale embodying the spirit of youth and fearlessness.  I can’t wait to share this film with audiences around the world.  We are almost done with production of the film and are currently raising funds to finish the film on Indiegogo.com.  You can learn more about the project and get a sneak peek at the film footage at

I wish you all success, anietie! People of this world are hungry for Master and his teachings, and to make them fun in a movie is a great ice breaker.

#565 Swamieukal

Swamieukal
  • Members+
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:SRF, all branches of Yoga, Tao, Zen.

Posted 15 February 2015 - 08:29 AM

I would love to see The Awake movie, unfortunately there are no shows in whole Germany (At least in my region - Bavaria). The DvD will be expensive as all DvDs from SRF are (unfortunately).

IDF.

“Live quietly in the moment and see the beauty of all before you. The future will take care of itself......”

#566 brygivrob

brygivrob
  • Moderators
  • 3,443 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 03:50 PM

A fantastic, classic, clean and spiritual comedy from Master's time: Here Comes Mr. Jordan

http://www.veoh.com/...87176774pfbCGXd

#567 brygivrob

brygivrob
  • Moderators
  • 3,443 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 07:39 PM

HACKSAW RIDGE

It is definitely a guy's movie, not a chick flick; but has me in tears, a non-violent soldier who constantly

prays to god; medic saving people in the most horrific battle scenes, obviously divinely protected. A Seventh-Day Adventist. What a great soul. People like this deserve to get to God quickly. With Kriya they sure could.

(I watched it for free on sockshare.net. You can find it there in the search box. No viruses on main screen ever detected by Avast. Do not click the other "Version" links below just in case. Do not ever, ever click a download link. Close all pop-up advertisements. Only watch from the main screen and do not do anything else, to avoid viruses. Use at own risk.)

#568 omgurudeva

omgurudeva
  • Moderators
  • 2,753 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 08:56 AM

this is what i see https://www.indiegog...h#/?q=Priyanath

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users