Brother Anandamoy Stories:

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mahdhu

mahdhu
  • Members+
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 06:32 PM

Brother Anandamoy gave a class to the members of the Encinitas temple in the 70's. Brother did not start with a prayer. One of the older members, someone who knew Master, rather sarcastically asked Brother if it wasn't a good idea to start with a prayer. Brother responded that we should be praying all the time.

Master had told the disciples that he would come back as many times as required to free souls. Brother then made a vow to himself that he would come back as many times as Master. He then learned that Master said He would return a Million Times. Brother then said " OH Boy!!!!!"

Brother was greeting members after a Sunday service and a woman came up to him and asked if he was going to perform the Kriya Initiation the following week as she was going to attend. Brother said no, but that it didn't matter who gave her Initiation. This devotee was quite insistent that she be initiated by Anandamoy and asked again if he could arrange it that he be the one. Once again Brother demurred----- a little more strongly this time, and said, "It really doesn’t matter who performs the ceremony Master will be there. " The woman -----for the third time began the same request " But you MUST initiate me......." This time Brother let her have it: "What Master gives YOU take” and then dismissed her.

When Brother gave satsang wisdom would just flow from him. No one wanted to disturb his train of thought with superfluous questions, as that would just end “the Flow” just as it was getting good. Devotees who did do this---especially with silly questions would be frowned upon.

Encinitas Temple had roped off the first 2 rows for out of country devotees when Brother gave sat sang. Some local member took umbrage at this. Brother said that if they changed that he would not give any more classes. He also said that the local devotees are representing master when out of country or state members come to Encinitas

Devotee was concerned about overcoming sexual desire and went to brother Anandamoy for advice----He had been having very sexual dreams for two nights in a row. Brother pointed to two cookies sitting on a table and asked, " Do you like those? " The devotee answered---- " Well Yes of course! I love cookies! " Brother then said, " When you are over that you will be over sex "

A Brahmachari had started on the path in Phoenix when Brother Anandamoy was Minister in Charge. This devotee had obtained the Kriya Lessons serriptiously---and began practicing. He found that he enjoyed it (wonder of wonders!). He then read where it says that in order to increase the number of Kriya's you must contact Mother Center, and he did. Needless to say the first question he got was how did you get the lessons we don't seem to have you listed as a kriyaban. He was then told to see Brother Anandamoy. When he went up to Brother he did ask for the increase but neglected to mention that he was officially only on Lesson 10. Brother then asked him how long he had been doing Hong-Sau. The devotee responded, " I don't have that lesson yet" Brother then said that he should not have kriya then. The devotee---- quick on his feet and now a bramachari---- then said " Well since I have them doesn't it mean that the universe wanted me to have them?" Brother----just as quick responded----" Come to the Kriya ceremony next Saturday.

Brother Turiyananda

On Retreat a member found Brother Turiyananda sitting on the grass holding a leaf with tears streaming down his face repeating over and over "so beautiful so beautiful ".

#2 lotusflower

lotusflower
  • Members+
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 07:33 PM

Love to read this short stories, dear Mahdhu!
The one where Master tells brother Anandamoy he has to come back a million times...... it must be a big differece when you are in Cosmic Consiousness or else......... :chinscratch:

IDF, Lotusflower. :pronam:
Everything in the future will improve if you make the spiritual effort now.

#3 vega

vega
  • Members+
  • 5,296 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 07:37 PM

wonderful...thanks Madhu! :sparkle:

#4 happybuddha

happybuddha
  • Members+
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 11:28 PM

On Retreat a member found Brother Turiyananda sitting on the grass holding a leaf with tears streaming down his face repeating over and over "so beautiful so beautiful ".

:touched:

Thanks Mahdhu :pronam:

#5 brygivrob

brygivrob
  • Moderators
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 09:16 AM

I just want to relate a little personal story with/about Bro. Anandamoy.

Many years ago as a young, new devotee, I had a face to face experience with Brother in which I felt I had been very harshly criticized. I thought it over and decided that he had seen some ugly karma in me. But it still bothered me, and I started criticizing Brother Anandamoy in my mind: "Those other brothers are saints, but not him!"

A few years later I saw him at an Open House during the first day of a Convocation. There were only a few people around him, so I thought, "What the heck. I will go see him." The other people dispersed quickly from him and I soon faced him alone. He just stood there looking at me peacefully, but I was feeling amazing waves of love and peace. The thought came into my mind: "Is everything okay now?" And I thought, "Yes." And I pronamed and walked away and never criticized him again.

"Refuse to accept any limiting condition." -- Paramahansa Yogananda

#6 OmNamaste

OmNamaste
  • Members+
  • 768 posts
  • Interests:Quiet mornings. Spending time with my wife and my boys. Reading.

Posted 18 September 2009 - 07:20 AM

I just want to relate a little personal story with/about Bro. Anandamoy.

Many years ago as a young, new devotee, I had a face to face experience with Brother in which I felt I had been very harshly criticized. I thought it over and decided that he had seen some ugly karma in me. But it still bothered me, and I started criticizing Brother Anandamoy in my mind: "Those other brothers are saints, but not him!"

A few years later I saw him at an Open House during the first day of a Convocation. There were only a few people around him, so I thought, "What the heck. I will go see him." The other people dispersed quickly from him and I soon faced him alone. He just stood there looking at me peacefully, but I was feeling amazing waves of love and peace. The thought came into my mind: "Is everything okay now?" And I thought, "Yes." And I pronamed and walked away and never criticized him again.

That brought tears to my eyes just now....

#7 rainbow

rainbow
  • Members+
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 07:54 AM

Well, I might as well tell a story about Br. Anadamoy. After a Convocation 'closing luncheon' - still at the Biltmore - I stood in a hallway which leads to the exit which most monastic took to get into a car to MC. I stood there with 2 friends, one was a longtime devotee who came to SRF when Master was still around. As we stood there Br. Anadamoy came along, he stopped, smiled and pronamed to the two ladies by my side, said a few words and went on without paying attention to me. (We all had pronamed to him when he came along.) I thought silently: at least he could have pronamed to me as well! At this instant Brother stopped, turned around and gave me a big smile and a pronam. I felt blessed and not a bit ashamed. Well, just a little bit! :angel6:
A passage in the Mahabharata is as follows: "One should forgive, under any injury. It hath been said that the continuation of the species is due to man's being forgiving. Forgiveness is holiness; by forgiveness the universe is held together. Forgiveness is the might of the mighty; forgiveness is sacrifice; forgiveness is quiet of mind. Forgiveness and gentleness are the qualities of the Self-possessed. They represent eternal virtue."

#8 omgurudeva

omgurudeva
  • Moderators
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:08 AM

Lovely stories -- thanks for sharing Mahdhu, Bry, Rainbow. I have no doubts in my mind that Bro Anandamoy is a living Siddha -- he deliberately enshrouds his spiritual magnetism.Similar to Bry's and Rainbow's experiences, from a few personal experiences I am sure he can read your mind and can sense a devotee's karma. One of the reasons, I so highly love to hear his talks again and again. He is always back-to-basics -- deep truths that take a very long time to sink in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users