Jesus And Essenes

11 replies to this topic

#1 happybuddha

happybuddha
  • Members+
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 09:12 AM

Hello,

I heard somewhere that Jesus belonged and was initiated into a mystery school. The school was called the Essenes. It is said that he gathered knowledge from his 13th year till his 30th (makes me wonder, which age, might he have started preaching .. ?). I have obviously googled for it and find some not so able to 'connect' information, which may actually be second hand. Could you please share whatever you may know about this. You could also add what PY had to say on this (probably in the SCC). I think it is said he was in India for about 7 years since he was 13. So the Essenes is a school (of thought ?) from India.

I, and may be some future reader would be highly obliged for your efforts and replies in helping me understand this.

:pronam:

IDF
HB

#2 Stargazer

Stargazer
  • Members+
  • 7,368 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 02:00 PM

The Rosicrucians believe this strongly, and they also have a great liking for the Egyptians, and believe, that Jesus spent his learning years in Alexandria. That is logical, since his parents fled to Egypt, when king Herod started killing baby boys.

But Master says he went to India = the opposite direction, and that makes sense too, as he had the 3 wise men from East coming to his cradle, and now it is so clear to me, that Jesus was a fully realized Yogi.

Try to google "Jesus and the Essenes" - I haven't got time right now, but later, I can tell you about some books I have, also by non-Rosicrucians. Sorry, got to go :D :love: Stargz.
Make life an enjoyable experience of the soul.

[This] evenmindedness, when maintained by regular deep meditation, removes the boredom, disappointment, and sorrow from everyday life, making it instead a very interesting and enjoyable experience of the soul.

Paramahansa Yogananda in "Inner Peace" page 13.

#3 little bird

little bird
  • Members+
  • 11,367 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 02:17 PM

There is one reference to the Essenes in the SCC. Seems it was not Jesus, but his guru from his previous incarnation, John the Baptist, (who in that incarnation played the lesser role than Jesus preaching the 'coming of the Lord') who was likely an Essene. There is a long footnote about it in SCC.

Historians think that the Essenes lived in the same manner as John the Baptist, in the desert of Palestine as ascetics practicing a spirituality which was believed to have originated either in India or more likely it was Buddhist (different historians say different things). Jesus had to leave India (where he was for about 6 years, Master says) to go to Tibet to be with the Buddhists for the next 6 years, this because of the degenerated state of Hinduism in that era and because the Buddhists had maintained a pure teaching in Tibet (as we know the Buddha originally came to the Hindus in the same way that Jesus originally came to the Jews, but being mostly rejected, each became a new religion). So maybe the Essenes were more Buddhist? This is not all made totally clear, to me at least.

Jesus went to India at the age of about 13 (for one reason to avoid marriage at that traditional age), so after spending 12 years there and in Tibet he would have been around 25. His public mission in Palestine began when he was 30, (he died at age 33). Master says that after he left the Buddhists he preached in that area, in India and between there and along his way to Palestine. If he spent time with the Essenes during that time, which he could have, seems he would have been a teacher to them, rather than a student given the above chronology, since he had already finished his discipleship in Tibet (with certain Himalayan yogis :rolleyes:)?

Master makes clear in the SCC that all the religions have ties to the teachings of India in some way. Palestine was a center of trade routes between east and west in Jesus' day, and also in Mohammad's day, and so there was a lot of sharing of spiritual ideas. There were Indian settlements in the Middle East also.

:love:

"May Thy Love shine forever on the sanctuary of our devotion, and may we be able to awaken Thy Love in all hearts."

"Only Love can take my place." Master

"Love one another." Christ

#4 brygivrob

brygivrob
  • Members+
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 03:44 PM

There is a book called "The Essene Gospel of Peace." It used to sell for a dollar. It was about how Jesus taught a group to fast, and how that group became healed and spiritualized through the experience.

Oh, looks like it is available online:
http://www.essene.co...ace/peace1.html

In the dark ages, fasting was probably the most powerful spiritual technique. Master did say that fasting was one of the greatest ways to approach God.

#5 hong-sau (HS)

hong-sau (HS)
  • Members+
  • 965 posts
  • Interests:Guru and God

Posted 08 May 2010 - 09:52 PM

There is a book called "The Essene Gospel of Peace." It used to sell for a dollar. It was about how Jesus taught a group to fast, and how that group became healed and spiritualized through the experience.

Oh, looks like it is available online:
http://www.essene.com/GospelOfPeace/peace1.html

In the dark ages, fasting was probably the most powerful spiritual technique. Master did say that fasting was one of the greatest ways to approach God.

Read the last chapter (from the link above), ‘The Holy Streams’.
Looks like, it is talking about AUM technique, 'Penetrating the Star' etc.
Interesting......

:love: Thank you happybuddha, Stargazer ,lb and brygivrob :love:

Attached Images

• py1935Egypt.jpg

Solve all your problems through meditation - Lahiri Mahasaya (quoted in AOY)

#6 little bird

little bird
  • Members+
  • 11,367 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 10:10 AM

Lovely photo, HS.

I understand from reading SCC and others of our teachings that Christ and other great ones of all religions who came during the kali yuga did teach higher techniques and kriya to those few highly developed souls who were able to comprehend those techniques.

There are some hidden groups who preserved these esoteric teachings in the middle east and Europe throughout the centuries. Some of these I believe were involved in the founding of the United States, George Washington for one. One can find numerous symbols of esoteric teachings on various governmental building and documents, and even on our money. Just look at the dollar bill--there is the spiritual eye! among other things.

"May Thy Love shine forever on the sanctuary of our devotion, and may we be able to awaken Thy Love in all hearts."

#7 brygivrob

brygivrob
  • Members+
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 11:29 AM

as hong sau found, Jesus in that same set of books gives basically the Aum Technique and says that by merging with the Sound/Stream one can gain knowledge beyond words

some of those esoteric signs such as the all-seeing eye of the pyramid can be viewed as either good or bad; i firmly believe our founding forefathers were very, very good; but the occult symbols used by the powerful people of today might not be so benevolent anymore!

Master said that meditation is a form of occultism; even prayer is, which i wasted my time trying to convince a Christian once; God is totally "occult," for He keeps himself so "hidden;" the devil is occult too

Lovely photo, HS.

I understand from reading SCC and others of our teachings that Christ and other great ones of all religions who came during the kali yuga did teach higher techniques and kriya to those few highly developed souls who were able to comprehend those techniques.

There are some hidden groups who preserved these esoteric teachings in the middle east and Europe throughout the centuries. Some of these I believe were involved in the founding of the United States, George Washington for one. One can find numerous symbols of esoteric teachings on various governmental building and documents, and even on our money. Just look at the dollar bill--there is the spiritual eye! among other things.

#8 little bird

little bird
  • Members+
  • 11,367 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 12:47 PM

Bry, are you aware that Isaac Newton was an alchemist? Seems that discovery is relatively recent. The documentaries I've seen about it are rather humorous, in that they can grasp only the lowest, physical meaning of alchemy (turning base metals into gold) which was in reality an esoteric spiritual practice of God-realization hidden in 'occult' terminology.

I believe that most all great scientists had a deep spiritual aspect. Einstein is said to have kept a copy of Mme Blavatsky's 'Secret Doctrine' on his desk at all times. In that work of Theosophy the new scientific discoveries in physics of the late 19 and early 20th centuries were all laid out for those who had the intuitive ability to understand.

But you're right, for every good side, maya has created a negative side, including occultism.

#9 sagopalm

sagopalm
  • Members+
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 10:07 AM

It looks like Jesus lived in India and Tibet, where he was
called Saint Issa. Even documents about that were discovered.

http://reluctant-mes...er.com/issa.htm

#10 sagopalm

sagopalm
  • Members+
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 05:55 PM

Pope arrested for believing in reincarnation
-------------------------------------------------------

http://reluctant-mes...rian_gospel.htm

Origen was a saint whose teachings were popular. He believed in
reincarnation, and so did Pope Vigilius.

The cardinals felt if people believed in reincarnation, they felt they
were sons of God. As such, they will not have to pay taxes to the
emperor and the people will not need the protection of the church.

That was unacceptable to emperor Justinian and to the cardinals.
They wanted to excomunicate Origen-and they did so. in a council
where the Pope refused to participate. Actually, the
Pope escaped from arrest to avoid participation in the council of
cardinals.

So it looks like the rejection of the reincarnation by the church was
due to political, not religious reasons.

#11 Disciplenumber39411

Disciplenumber39411
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:17 PM

It is well substantiated that Jesus WAS an Essene, not Pharisee or Sadducee. The Essenes were the established esoteric Jewish sect, as is documented in the Antiquities of the Jews, and the Jewish Wars by Josephus and throughout the Nag Hammadi and Dead Sea Scrolls. Essene comes from the greek word for healing and were also known as the Therapeutae. They know doubt taught Jesus, instead of him teaching them.

#12 Astral Bells

Astral Bells
  • Members+
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Swimming, skiing, walks, skating, reading, sewing, garden, home, friendship, kindness, our Gurus, thankfulness.

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:52 PM

It is well substantiated that Jesus WAS an Essene, not Pharisee or Sadducee. The Essenes were the established esoteric Jewish sect, as is documented in the Antiquities of the Jews, and the Jewish Wars by Josephus and throughout the Nag Hammadi and Dead Sea Scrolls. Essene comes from the greek word for healing and were also known as the Therapeutae. They know doubt taught Jesus, instead of him teaching them.

I read this article a few days ago, really informative.

http://www.jewishenc...es/5867-essenes

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users