Photo

Message For Newcomers

14 replies to this topic

#1 brygivrob

brygivrob
  • Moderators
  • 3,443 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 01:55 PM

For those of you who are new to Yogananda.net--welcome!

The current policy of the boards is that newcomers are on automatic moderated status until they have posted several times--usually a minimum of about 5-10 times--before they can be upgraded to a non-moderated status. When you are upgraded, not only do your posts appear immediately and not have to be approved by a moderator, but you can send private messages to other board members and you also have access to additional discussion topics.

For those still on moderated status--the moderators will review your postings as soon as possible, but sometimes this can take several hours because of the moderators' work commitments. Your patience is appreciated!

Anyone who has posted several times who wants to upgrade their status can respond to this posting and I will pass on such requests to the board administrator. Rather than approve one person at a time, we will try to upgrade several people at a time.

Thank you for your understanding and patience!

"Refuse to accept any limiting condition." -- Paramahansa Yogananda

#2 raviprakhya

raviprakhya
  • Members+
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:05 PM

i thank all the respected Board members for this informative & instructive message.
Jai Guru

#3 Geetha Nayak

Geetha Nayak
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 04:27 PM

Thanks for the info. I would appreciate if you can please upgrade my status. I have posted a message and would like to bring to the notice of other SRF devotees. Thanks a ton!

#4 charles

charles
  • Moderators
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:03 PM

Thanks for the info. I would appreciate if you can please upgrade my status. I have posted a message and would like to bring to the notice of other SRF devotees. Thanks a ton!

You other message now shows up. I will pass your message along shortly. Meanwhile, sometimes it can take a few hours for posts to show up because we moderators are working. Your patience is appreciated.
"Truth is relative, and truth is absolute." --Paramahansa Yogananda, in "What is Truth?" Journey to Self-Realization

#5 Kriyawit

Kriyawit
  • Members+
  • 65 posts
  • Interests:Kriya Yoga

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:12 AM

The current policy of the boards is that newcomers are on automatic moderated status until they have posted several times--usually a minimum of about 5-10 times--before they can be upgraded to a non-moderated status. When you are upgraded, not only do your posts appear immediately and not have to be approved by a moderator, but you can send private messages to other board members and you also have access to additional discussion topics.

For those still on moderated status--the moderators will review your postings as soon as possible, but sometimes this can take several hours because of the moderators' work commitments. Your patience is appreciated!

Anyone who has posted several times who wants to upgrade their status can respond to this posting and I will pass on such requests to the board administrator. Rather than approve one person at a time, we will try to upgrade several people at a time.

Yes please do count me as a person willing to contribute in an honest nice way and remove these restrictions people are trying to contact me and I am prevented from replying. Thank you.
I didn't find my Master, he found me. I am so grateful.

#6 charles

charles
  • Moderators
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:00 PM

Am working on getting you full status, Kriyawit. Might take a couple of more days or so. Thanks for your patience!
"Truth is relative, and truth is absolute." --Paramahansa Yogananda, in "What is Truth?" Journey to Self-Realization

#7 michael rhodes

michael rhodes
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:26 PM

I was told I had to make a post to keep my account from being deleted, so this is the post. Thank you. Michael Rhodes.

#8 HomoLuminous

HomoLuminous
  • Members+
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:Meditating, Philosophy, Theosophy, General Relativity, Quantum Mechanics, Art, Music, Photography, Learning, Loving & Living!

I embrace my desire
    To feel the rhythm,
    To feel connected,
    Enough to step aside and
    Weep like a widow
    To feel inspired,
    To fathom the power,
    To witness the beauty,
    To bathe in the fountain,
    To swing on the spiral
    Of our divinity
    and still be a human <3

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:13 AM

Hi there, thanks for the info.

I have posted the required amount over the last couple of days, and would be very grateful if you would remove my moderated status.

Thank you :)

Be mindful of your thoughts; they become words.
Be mindful of your words; they become actions.
Be mindful of your actions; they become habits.
Be mindful of your habits; they become character.
Be mindful of your character; it becomes your destiny!

#9 Mukul

Mukul
  • Members+
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:self-realization

Posted 05 September 2016 - 08:55 AM

I am hoping to be soon move out of moderation .

Think of God all the time.” 
― Paramahansa Yogananda

#10 brygivrob

brygivrob
  • Moderators
  • 3,443 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 06:11 PM

Have you been upgraded yet?

#11 lotusflower

lotusflower
  • Moderators
  • 5,142 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 01:52 AM

He's on members+ status already, Bryon. IDF, :pronam:

<span style='font-size: 10px;'><span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'><span style='color: #000080'>Everything in the future will improve if you make the spiritual effort now.</span></span></span>

#12 brygivrob

brygivrob
  • Moderators
  • 3,443 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 11:55 AM

Hi Lotusflower,

Don't the members+ updates happen automatically now? I have been forgetting to come to this thread.

Thanks, Bryon

#13 srz

srz
  • Members+
  • 592 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 07:17 PM

What's up with the positive vote option when you can't use it?

mHBS09o.jpg

#14 lotusflower

lotusflower
  • Moderators
  • 5,142 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 10:59 PM

Hi Lotusflower,

Don't the members+ updates happen automatically now? I have been forgetting to come to this thread.

Thanks, Bryon

Yes Bryon, member+ up-dates happen automatically after 3 or 4 posts.

IDF, :pronam:

<span style='font-size: 10px;'><span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'><span style='color: #000080'>Everything in the future will improve if you make the spiritual effort now.</span></span></span>

#15 lotusflower

lotusflower
  • Moderators
  • 5,142 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 11:02 PM

What's up with the positive vote option when you can't use it?

mHBS09o.jpg

Don't know about this, srz, maybe one of the other moderators can look into that, as I'm not monitoring the HP board, as I'm not in active duty as moderator anymore.

IDF, :pronam:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users