•  

Photo

How Do You Feel After Practising Kriya Yoga ?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 happybuddha

happybuddha
  • Members+
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 01:54 AM

Dear All,

I would love to know from each one of you your disperate experiences 1) after being initiated into kriya yoga 2) after religiously practising it 3) after discontinuing it
Please let me know

Peace and Bliss
buddha

#2 Sanatana Ananda

Sanatana Ananda
  • Members+
  • 679 posts
  • Interests:GOD<br /><br />WHO AM I?

Posted 30 November 2007 - 06:59 PM

Dear fellow seeker.

I am a Kriyaban; since '94. Initiation to me was as a dream. The geatest part of my life is Gurudeva's teachings.
I finally found what I was seeking.
Kriya and Hong-sau regularly practiced, truly holds one to this path. The closer to Gurudeva we become.

Please elaborate when you say "discontinue"? Do you mean after a prayer and Kriya practice?

A disciple does not discontinue.

After years of practice, if something happens, like my recent back injury; I still feel God, especially in times of trials.
Kriya results are never lost.

Blessings to you.

#3 HeyYogi

HeyYogi
  • Members+
  • 144 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 10:05 AM

I have been faithfully, nearly 98% been doing the entire thing (EE, all parts of kriya) twice a day for at least 6-7 months now, was initiated in October.

Truthfully, I enjoy the actual practice very much, it is very peaceful and relaxing, but I'm not able to keep the feeling afterward. As soon as I'm done, I try to sit and enjoy the peace but the peace goes away unless I'm doing the kriya itself (and I just went up to 24).

My biggest joy (I'm scared to say publicly) is that I find the experience very magical.

My biggest frustration is that the peace doesn't last very long.

I will add, that since doing Kriya, a lot of things have changed in my life, at present the change is not very happy producing. But I have always experienced life change during bouts of very regular meditation over the past 10 years and I know it will lead to a happier place.

IDF

HeyYogi

#4 a simple student

a simple student
  • Members+
  • 1,785 posts
  • Interests:Yoga, Meditation, Martial Arts, Literature, Philosophy, Prose-poetry, Information Technology, Physics, Art, Music, Philology, Physical Culture, Writing, Spirituality, Metaphysics, The Ocean The mountains, Sacred Places, Writing and Travel.

Enjoy the OM sound Darshan at mystical portal.net
    as of 8/14/2007

Posted 01 December 2007 - 10:16 AM

Attached File  LahiriAltar.jpg   4.31KB   7 downloads

1) after being initiated into kriya yoga

I feel blessed and happier

2) after religiously practising it

It is blissful

3) after discontinuing it

Haven't done that. What do you mean by that?

#5 Memory

Memory
  • Moderators
  • 7,012 posts
  • Interests:Finding God in all things... great and small.

Posted 01 December 2007 - 11:30 AM

It is blissful

I'm almost embarrassed to talk about this but if it is of any help...

After initiation into Kriya ~ felt so very blessed and so close to Master. After practicing it faithfully ~ I was never so happy in my life... but then my life turned totally upside down and I went through a divorce and being a single mom and working part time and going to school full time.. and I stopped everything~! I can't believe that happened..I had some really beautiful meditations~! But all of a sudden I was so totally immersed in the maya... It was a hard time of alot of highs and lows. I know it must have been all karmic and I know if I had stayed with meditation it would have gone so much better.... for all involved.

Then I read AY again and began practicing the techniques again.. and it was wonderful... but then only to stumble again :( and be overtaken by my environment... and lost again precious time.

All of these times I have stopped my practice of the techniques have been the most painful, lost times I have ever had... especially when you have found peace.. and KNOW the truth.. how can you fall asleep again? And then of course is a feeling of failure and that you are not worthy... a huge trick of maya... but it gets you just the same~!

For the past couple of months I have been going through extreme testing on every single level...and in every aspect of my life..it is almost uncanny... as soon as one trial is over I get hit with another one...and another one.. This has been my fault though, as I asked Master to show me everything I needed to get rid of... I will tell you He does not waste a second~! This mostly has been a blessing, as it has made me realize how we must never give up striving for a second.. and I have been very dedicated to my meditations and reading.. and chanting and just always talking to God.. I know my soul is going through a very intense battle within.. but I know with Master with me.. I will be fine..

In these past few months since going through most of these trials my meditations were so wonderful..I felt so close to God/Guru... very very peaceful.. with the peace lasting for some time..

Just recently however something just happened... I guess everything just got too overwhelming.. I just wanted to forget everything.. and just be numb... and so I stopped meditating again! I can't believe it~! And of course as a result I am really miserable~ and do not understand why or how I am doing this.. part of it is my environment.. but I chose that~ but I am paying for it too~! Such a feeling of sadness~

I have been trying to read and just sit and talk to God/Master for a while..I am really trying.. but it seems I am drowning in maya again... I can't stand it! I also sometimes almost feel a darkness around me... something trying to keep me from succeeding... tempting me in so many ways.. and showing me all the bad qualities I have within myself.. it is almost as if Master and the devil are having hand to hand combat within..

And then too is the guilt.. that you have not pleased Master.. sometimes I see Him in my mind with tears in His eyes... and THAT breaks my heart..

So, THIS is what happens when you stop kriya~ maya again consumes you... :(

I am very upset with my weakness, but I am not going to give up the fight~! I am not sure why this happens... but I do love God/Master so... I will eventually succeed~! Please pray for me for strength~! :pronam: :love:

:love: :pronam: Jai Guru :pronam: :love:

If you unceasingly whisper in your heart to Me.. "Oh my Silent Beloved, speak to me"
I will come to you, My devotee.

#6 HeyYogi

HeyYogi
  • Members+
  • 144 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 11:37 AM

Memory, I feel as you do.

Kriya makes me feel better but causes changes in my life that appear to have made my life worse. I'm having faith that it is a transition thing leading to a better place.

Very interested in other's views on this.

HeyYogi

#7 Mahavir_

Mahavir_
  • Members+
  • 4,614 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 12:00 PM

This is a very important discussion especially based on Memory's comments. I applaud you for being so honest and saying all that Memory! The dark nights of the soul are inevitable for all of us shedding karmas as we race to the Infinite in one or a few lifetimes. In my own life ive gone through tests of excrutiating mental and emotional suffering, like an existential crisis. Most of it started after i received kriya and it made me 'psychically naked' where all the samskaras come out in full view so they can be got rid of. Sometimes the pain of that process becomes intense but as several kriyavans have told me before, perhaps knowing well the valley of sorrow all must face on the journey to enlightenment, that it is a gift. Thats the best definition of kriya i have ever heard; it is THE Gift, given to us by God so we can get back to Him.

Having gone through some trials by Divine fire i can attest to one thing. What remains of you after being burnt is a fitter human being. Fitter in the sense that you are ever more ready to seek God's comfort in thoughts of Him and prayer, and ever more willing to follow wherever the love of Him will lead you. So far i think the greatest blessing of the gift of kriya is the growing feeling of love for God and the love for all people and things as His expression, and the growing sense of relying on this as the foundation of your being.

Bhai Sahib, a sufi saint once said: "The self (ego) does not go except with much regret and tears."

'One who practices pranayama, truly loves all beings.'  ~  Lahiri Mahasaya

#8 Sanatana Ananda

Sanatana Ananda
  • Members+
  • 679 posts
  • Interests:GOD<br /><br />WHO AM I?

Posted 01 December 2007 - 01:33 PM

It is blissful

I'm almost embarrassed to talk about this but if it is of any help...

After initiation into Kriya ~ felt so very blessed and so close to Master. After practicing it faithfully ~ I was never so happy in my life... but then my life turned totally upside down and I went through a divorce and being a single mom and working part time and going to school full time.. and I stopped everything~! I can't believe that happened..I had some really beautiful meditations~! But all of a sudden I was so totally immersed in the maya... It was a hard time of alot of highs and lows. I know it must have been all karmic and I know if I had stayed with meditation it would have gone so much better.... for all involved.

Then I read AY again and began practicing the techniques again.. and it was wonderful... but then only to stumble again :( and be overtaken by my environment... and lost again precious time.

All of these times I have stopped my practice of the techniques have been the most painful, lost times I have ever had... especially when you have found peace.. and KNOW the truth.. how can you fall asleep again? And then of course is a feeling of failure and that you are not worthy... a huge trick of maya... but it gets you just the same~!

For the past couple of months I have been going through extreme testing on every single level...and in every aspect of my life..it is almost uncanny... as soon as one trial is over I get hit with another one...and another one.. This has been my fault though, as I asked Master to show me everything I needed to get rid of... I will tell you He does not waste a second~! This mostly has been a blessing, as it has made me realize how we must never give up striving for a second.. and I have been very dedicated to my meditations and reading.. and chanting and just always talking to God.. I know my soul is going through a very intense battle within.. but I know with Master with me.. I will be fine..

In these past few months since going through most of these trials my meditations were so wonderful..I felt so close to God/Guru... very very peaceful.. with the peace lasting for some time..

Just recently however something just happened... I guess everything just got too overwhelming.. I just wanted to forget everything.. and just be numb... and so I stopped meditating again! I can't believe it~! And of course as a result I am really miserable~ and do not understand why or how I am doing this.. part of it is my environment.. but I chose that~ but I am paying for it too~! Such a feeling of sadness~

I have been trying to read and just sit and talk to God/Master for a while..I am really trying.. but it seems I am drowning in maya again... I can't stand it! I also sometimes almost feel a darkness around me... something trying to keep me from succeeding... tempting me in so many ways.. and showing me all the bad qualities I have within myself.. it is almost as if Master and the devil are having hand to hand combat within..

And then too is the guilt.. that you have not pleased Master.. sometimes I see Him in my mind with tears in His eyes... and THAT breaks my heart..

So, THIS is what happens when you stop kriya~ maya again consumes you... :(

I am very upset with my weakness, but I am not going to give up the fight~! I am not sure why this happens... but I do love God/Master so... I will eventually succeed~! Please pray for me for strength~! :pronam: :love:

ALL OF US KNOW OF PERSONAL TRIALS. GREAT WILL POWER IS NEEDED TO KEEP ON KEEPING ON.

I can read in your words that you will succeed. Maya is so very tricky; you are not typing to saints. We are just practicing; like my doctor. I told him I would love to find a physician that is through practicing.
Your effort is not lost; maya makes you feel it is.
We must burn our dross, falling off the razor is most miserable, I too have felt it.
I feel Guruji pulling me when I least expect it.
Years ago, I was very into a mood of a sensual nature. I asked God, where is the bliss?, do not let me slip (I was only a year into Kriya). I was very surprized. I wish I could say I can always ask, but we all suffer the pain of humanity. God will show us how sweet and real he is, but we must work and never quit.
You are blessed, always know that, you are never lost.

I feel like the frog that will never quit swimming, churn the milk to sweet cream butter.
Master is so true, he is the pang of conscience just before we act unwise.
It is easy to see how advanced Angelic Souls hurt so much from one wrong influence,that they cannot Sin.
I hope no one stops talking to God or Guru, just because they sinned; they know before we do it.
:love:

#9 Stargazer

Stargazer
  • Members+
  • 7,421 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 01:36 PM

Wonderful thread! We clarify our path! What about me? I am fairly new to the path - nearly 4 years, kriyaban 2 and a half. The best ever in my life. I am mostly through my life span now, and have had many a battle, and don't know what lies ahead. I have never hidden anything for myself about myself. If I do my sadhana, I feel ok, have God and Master with me all day - if I skip it, it does not take long, before they become distant, and that is rotten :D :love: Stargz.
Make life an enjoyable experience of the soul.

[This] evenmindedness, when maintained by regular deep meditation, removes the boredom, disappointment, and sorrow from everyday life, making it instead a very interesting and enjoyable experience of the soul.

Paramahansa Yogananda in "Inner Peace" page 13.

#10 DynamicWill

DynamicWill
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 02:01 PM

Thank you all for this thread. I am not a kriyaban but I do practice the Recharging Exercises, Om and Hong Sau technics. I'm still a novice after many years of practice being off and on, off and on. No matter what we have done, or how many mistakes with our efforts, God knows our real motives, we can't hide them. The guilt we feel is self condemnation, not one that God dictates to us. In some ways, it must make all the saints laugh seeing us bang our heads against the wall and then complain about our present unhappiness. Not that the pain isn't real, but that we get a wonderful chance in this life to improve and quickly. Maya knows where we are weak, and makes an all out assault from any flank possible to keep us in tormoil. Life is a battle, Master said, and isn't it so?

Keep on keeping on! This should be the battle cry.

In Master's Love,
Will

[/quote]

ALL OF US KNOW OF PERSONAL TRIALS. GREAT WILL POWER IS NEEDED TO KEEP ON KEEPING ON.

I can read in your words that you will succeed. Maya is so very tricky; you are not typing to saints. We are just practicing; like my doctor. I told him I would love to find a physician that is through practicing.
We must burn our dross, falling off the razor is most miserable, I too have felt it.
Years ago, I was very into a mood of a sensual nature. I asked God, where is the bliss?, do not let me slip (I was only a year into Kriya). I was very surprized. I wish I could say I can always ask, but we all suffer the pain of humanity. God will show us how sweet and real he is, but we must work and never quit.

I feel like the frog that will never quit swimming, churn the milk to sweet cream butter.
It is easy to see how advanced Angelic Souls hurt so much from one wrong influence,that they cannot Sin.
I hope no one stops talking to God or Guru, just because they sinned; they know before we do it.
:love:
[/quote]

#11 Mahavir_

Mahavir_
  • Members+
  • 4,614 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 02:48 AM

When boistrous storms of trials shriek and worries howl at me
I drown their noises, loudly chanting; God, God, God!

'One who practices pranayama, truly loves all beings.'  ~  Lahiri Mahasaya

#12 eternal bliss

eternal bliss
  • Members+
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 03:23 AM

:love: Dear Kathy, thank you so much for your very personal post. You descibed largely my own life after coming to this path :D !!
We have wonderful, happy periods in life and then there are these exhausting dry periods, full of anxiety and darkness. According to Bro. Anandamoy, these are those periods every devotee have to go through, sometimes more than once. So let's keep on keeping on - and let's practicing the presence of God/Master/Divine Mother as often as possible. We are on a great path! :love:

:praying: My sincere prayers for you, dear Kathy - Divine Mother is with you all the time! :praying:

In divine friendship, Birgit
Jai Guru :pronam:

"Unknown I will walk by your side and
guard you with invisible arms." ~PY

#13 a simple student

a simple student
  • Members+
  • 1,785 posts
  • Interests:Yoga, Meditation, Martial Arts, Literature, Philosophy, Prose-poetry, Information Technology, Physics, Art, Music, Philology, Physical Culture, Writing, Spirituality, Metaphysics, The Ocean The mountains, Sacred Places, Writing and Travel.

as of 8/14/2007

Posted 02 December 2007 - 05:18 AM

Attached File  _1.gif   98.06KB   5 downloads

Thank you Memory for sharing and opening your heart.

When you go through those trials you, it is not your fault. keep on going...

Master said that is not necessarily our entire fault - but behind this curtain of delusion- Satan would always busy casting temptations and obstacles upon us.

There are times when we may succumb to Maya's temptation and peer pressure, but it is only for a limited period of time as the light re-emerges once again and it shines victoriously over the darkness.

Don't let guilty feelings put you down ( this is a trick of Maya). Even five minutes of Hong Sau is worthwhile. When we go through this temporary dark tunnel, let us remember that there is a rainbow of light at its end and that God is always watching over us as we walk in this dark valley.

Sometimes it seems overwhelming and progress seems to stand still, but saints and sages talk about these dark periods as times of trials and purification. Things are happening for a reason but we ought to cling to Divine Mother through our prayers.

We build strength as we surrender to the higher Self.

May God and Guru bless you and others going through the same thing! My prayers for you and for the rest of this family threading this path of love and compassion. :praying:

Master wrote:

"We find from the beginning or birth, a child is influenced not only by good traits of love and kindness, but by a host of mischief-making traits. God could certainly not start out a child in life by evil traits. These traits the child brings from bad habits of previous incarnations - bad habits that were created under the influence of the evil qualities implanted in the child by Satan."

#14 hong-sau (HS)

hong-sau (HS)
  • Members+
  • 1,016 posts
  • Interests:Guru and God

Posted 02 December 2007 - 08:34 AM

............... sometimes I see Him in my mind with tears in His eyes... and THAT breaks my heart..
................ but I am not going to give up the fight~! ....... I do love God/Master so... I will eventually succeed~! Please pray for me for strength~! :pronam: :love:

__/\__ :love: :pronam: :angel9: :pronam: :love: __/\__

:meditate: :love: :praying: :praying: :love: :meditate:

IDF,

Attached Files

Solve all your problems through meditation - Lahiri Mahasaya (quoted in AOY)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Year 2014 is Dwapara Yuga year 304 - Ascending    (Ref.: “Holy Science” by Swami Sri Yukteswar Giri) 

#15 arlos

arlos
  • Members+
  • 1,275 posts
  • Interests:all things water

Posted 02 December 2007 - 09:24 AM

Good replys all ! I was fortunate to receive Kriya in 1970. I spent many years while I was younger meditating long hours and deeply while living a very simple life after military service including living and working at an orphanage in Mexico. My karma is such that my needs are met, No more No less. I'm well within the top 10 % income bracket in the US but live a life of simplicity and make sure those around me are taken care of and that is how I have felt since birth, the needs of others before mine... I never have had a desire for anything materialy. In a private talk with one of the senior brothers, I was a littl distraught about what to do with my life and he said it doesn't matter and gave the reason which I'll keep private.
Since first receiving Kriya, I have never felt or had dry meditations and over the years Kriya has unfolded a deep lasting peace. I practice 108 kriyas. After completing meditation and kriya it is nearly unbearable to come back into the world. I stopped years ago looking for extrodinary experiences and accept the deep peace in meditation and its afterglow as the divine presence.
We all have trials. Master had them up to the end. Attacks by the dark world. Look at Donald Walters and others that were with Master in the early years. Lessons for all of us. there have been times in my life where work was just overwhelming, working 70+ hours per week and all the devotion I could muster was just to think of god while I worked and practice the presence and did not meditate and hoped god would at least accept this small devotion. As my wife pointed out yesterday, you are stressed because of too much work and so many have none. While we are living in this world attending to our responsibility we are still subject to what the world gives us but this path will in the end prove to be true and witnessed by the lives we lead and by our inner devotion No matter how brief or long on this path in this life.

#16 SoulSoldier7

SoulSoldier7
  • Members+
  • 1,714 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 05:16 PM

Thank you, Arlos & All, for what you have said. I don't have Kriya yet, but the Master said that "Yoga is the path of the Spiritual Scientist" (How to find A Way to Victory booklet)...

#17 HeyYogi

HeyYogi
  • Members+
  • 144 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 05:47 PM

This has been one of the most reassuring posts.

God Bless You all

IDF

HeyYogi

#18 ForeverGratefulToGuru

ForeverGratefulToGuru
  • Members+
  • 656 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 08:01 PM

guruji is clear on this.

We have to be able to say, truthfully and sincerely, " I die daily".

I pray to Guruji that he help us:

- End Ignorance (of God) every time we do kriya.
- End our limiting definition of ourselves at the end of every kriya.
- End all expectations at the beginning of every kriya.
- End the need to count the number of kriyas.
- End all mental desires that distract us from doing ONE PERFECT KRIYA.
- End all mental turbulence that keeps us preoccupied in the world of maya.
- Destroy our tendency to associate Body-Mind as Self, and let the real "I" shine gloriously.

I pray that we begin our Kriya tonight with the sense of urgency to be with God completely and effortlessly ...not tomorrow... not in thousand years.. but Lord I want you NOW.

I humbly pray that we begin this next kriya with a sense of certainty that- Death to all ignorance is inevitable.

OM Jai Guru

Om jai guru

Om jai guru.
-------------------------------------

I am he
I am he
blessed spirit I am he

=============================================

Not kriya, not Hong sau... but HIM !!!!!

#19 ॐ Chi

ॐ Chi
  • Members+
  • 1,545 posts
  • Interests:candles, alters, Yoga, hiking, working out, electronic music, Asian culture, dancing, cooking

Posted 02 December 2007 - 08:09 PM

hi....SOG can I ask where you found that Lahiri Picture? is that the statue on the Y.S.S alter close up? -niki
नमस्ते

#20 a simple student

a simple student
  • Members+
  • 1,785 posts

as of 8/14/2007

Posted 03 December 2007 - 03:46 AM

Dear Niki,

I did not find it... The picture found me instead... :)

Yes it is (YSS)! :love:

Thank you for asking.

and Blessings from Yogiraj's eyes

hi....SOG can I ask where you found that Lahiri Picture? is that the statue on the Y.S.S alter close up? -niki

#21 Memory

Memory
  • Moderators
  • 7,012 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 02:26 PM

I am overwhelmed with the wonderful thoughts and truths you have given me…and all your love and prayers.. thank you~ :flowers2: :love:

I am not sure how I can get so far off track sometimes… and of course once you slip.. it is like being thrown off a carousel.. and the ego takes control..and then it is such a battle to get back up and dust yourself off.. and go forward like nothing had happened.. but that is all you can do.. just smile and say "Sorry Master".... :blush: and go on loving Him..

There is another way to look at this, it is not so much that these things happen because one has kriya and then stops, but rather, look what Kriya had been protecting you from.

That is so true..I am very blessed in my life.. :love:

There are times when we may succumb to Maya's temptation and peer pressure, but it is only for a limited period of time as the light re-emerges once again and it shines victoriously over the darkness.

Thank you for that SOG~ it is so true.. the light cannot remain hidden.. and thank you for posting that beautiful picture~ it went right to my heart~ :love:

All your thoughts have given me such inspiration~.. and I am very determined to shake out of this haze of maya.. I do know I will succeed because Master is very close to my heart.. and the love for God that I have within will not let me fail… How very blessed we are to have an Avatar to help guide us home..

can read in your words that you will succeed. Maya is so very tricky; you are not typing to saints. We are just practicing; like my doctor. I told him I would love to find a physician that is through practicing.
God will show us how sweet and real he is, but we must work and never quit.

Thank you David..powerful and beautiful thoughts.. and so true :pronam: :love:

pray that we begin our Kriya tonight with the sense of urgency to be with God completely and effortlessly ...not tomorrow... not in thousand years.. but Lord I want you NOW.

I pray that with all of my heart~! I do know from the past that the best way to get back loving to meditate is to meditate.. and do kriya....when we do kriya we are not the same that we were a minute ago~ thank you all for reminding me of what a gift it is.. :praying: :praying: :praying: :love:

Thank you everyone for your Divine friendship... May God and Gurus always bless you all.. :pronam: :praying: :love:

:pronam: :love: Jai Guru :love: :pronam:

If you unceasingly whisper in your heart to Me.. "Oh my Silent Beloved, speak to me"

#22 Benedict

Benedict
  • Members+
  • 474 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 09:00 AM

1) The most beautiful day of my life.

2) it depends. Sometimes a sense of great bliss, some other times absolutely nothing. Has nothig to do with the intensity of the practice. Whilst I feel the bliss more or less strongly according to the intensity of the practice, afterwards is another story. 5 minutes later I hear the news and I am angry again and just don't know why..... :blush:

3) cannot tell. But in times of lesser spiritual ardor I feel both a tiny bit more irritable and certainly I feel a sense of guilt and of void. By me is like a jojo, it goes up and down....... although one thing I perceive very clearly; the bottom uf the down gets higher, and the top of the high too.....

#23 Benedict

Benedict
  • Members+
  • 474 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 09:30 AM

Memory, I read your beautiful words just 5 minutes ago.

Firstly allow me to say what a wonderful person we all know you are :love: .
Wonderful people are wonderful, but they are human. I am afraid you are no exception... ;) :love: , so there is no need, no need whatsoever, to think of the past, feel guilty etc.....
The past is past, do not allow the past to influence your present. The present is what count, no time for feeling guilty, time is too precious for that......

Secondly, I cannot honestly say to you, not for one second, that had I had your tests I would have reacted in a different way than you; my constance is the one of the one who had, all in all, everything easy, I admire people who cling to the teaching in front of severe tests......... so you see, we are all in the same boat, with our frailties and fears, and we must work together against the current (if must be), encouraging each other.... This is the beauty of this board: different characters, different earthly ambitions, completely different perceptions of life, and still a unifying desire, the same path, the same ultimate hope and goal......

I for myself can say one thing: you have been useful to me, you have uplifted me, you help me in my spiritual advancement. More than most people on this board.
That's how good you are, for me. And for you it might be not important, but I am very self-centered and egotist, so it is important for me....

But one thing I feel I must tell you: what you asked to Master, that he would send you tests.... I would never had the nerve. It just takes balls that I do not have, and that you have... ;)

But.................

everyone must decide how much of the battle he wants to take, and pay attention he does not take too much of it.
Before you come to the point that you break, I would ask Master to ease my burden and perhaps advance slowly, but steadily.
Personally, I would not want to run the risk of breaking under the load, just because I want to carry so much.
Life is difficult as it is, you see, and yours has not been easy in more than a way. And now other burdens. Well I don't know. I think the path should be a path of joy, not one of pain.

One step at a time, one arrives everywhere. Of course: if you can run, better :D . But an entire life with asthma fits, I would not want to have ;) .
And I know that that's the coward in me speaking :D, but really, before it gets a torment, perhaps one can ask Master for a bit less tests.. ;)

The most difficult times in my experience where the ones where I demanded too much from me; might it be that you are asking too much from Master? if you ask, He delivers! If you say "more of it, Master" He will answer "your wish is my command! :love: "
But don't everyone has a right to a bit of serenity? And get up happy in the morning? Just my two cents, of course.... but for my a battle must be fought with joy, if it threatens my loyalty to my flag perhaps it was not the right time for that battle....
again, just a thought....
Om
Benedict

#24 Little Wave

Little Wave
  • Members+
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 02:38 PM

Dear All,

I would love to know from each one of you your disperate experiences 1) after being initiated into kriya yoga 2) after religiously practising it 3) after discontinuing it
Please let me know

Peace and Bliss
buddha

I am happy to respond to your query. Today as usual I read a portion of the Lessons. (Reading, as Master said, should be lifelong, as the Preceptor is the guru since he has left the body; so after almost 30 years on this path I am still a humble student--a rookie!) As usual, I received guidance through what I call Master's winks--apparent happenstances that can only mean what they mean to me--divine serendipity. This is one of the more obvious ways the devotee receives the Lord's leading. (His ways are so sweet, so small and humble, yet so powerful!) I won't quote the passage, as we are not to publicly copy the Lessons, but it was (as usual) delightful.

This all relates to your question, because it is the practice of kriya that enables this contact or releases it. We don't know--we don't even dream!--what is happening when we use this sacred technique. We are contacting the means by which the soul descended into the body, so when we practice we head toward superconsciousness and the realization of our omnipresence. But as I noted above, it is aften not while we are practicing that we receive the divine benefits of kriya, but afterwards, and more and more as we continue practicing. Guidance in daily life is but one benefit; the most important are internal in terms of realizations of habits and attitudes that must be changed. All are stamped with what the devotee comes to recognize as Master's seal--a very personalized calling card. ITo me, it is the deepening of this relationship that is the greatest payoff for kriya practice. As Master said, "We are looking at God in one another. It is the most beautiful relationship."

#25 tellurian

tellurian
  • Members+
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 06:36 PM

Dear Memory
I received initiation a couple of years ago. I was severly tested shortly after coming onto the path and indeed the tests compounded after my initiation. However, I can only agree with one of the replies that mentioned the benefits of kriya are never lost. The spiritual muscles that we develop may weaken through tests or trials yet the imprint of this development remains with us. As we build up momentum once again, how often are we surprised at our capacity to not only endure but to thrive. True, it is so easy to feel the weight of limitation, but as we return to our practice, don't we find that we can soar once again. I don't pretend to understand the magnitude of Master's blessings yet time and again following my own weaknesses and trials I find the truth that it is my ego that is unreliable, and only Master is sure. He will guide you, forgive you and love you no matter what happens. It is sad that our human ability to understand unconditional love is limited, but it must be so. My prayers are with you.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.
--Helen Keller

#26 Memory

Memory
  • Moderators
  • 7,012 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 07:34 PM

Benedict :love:

I have to thank you for your good sound advice Benedict.. as usual you have such good insight into things.. and you are right.. I have to stop having so much guilt.. and need to try for more balance.. to not "break under the load".. how true.. It is my fault as I did ask Master for this.. I guess I feel with Him near I can battle anything..

:) :weightlifter: :viking:

~ Dove ~ :love:

Thank you for your love and support... :touched: what you said meant alot to me.. And it is true.. Master has never been out of my mind.. or heart.. and for that I am very thankful~ :) :pronam: :love:

Thank you both for your Divine friendship.. It means so much to me....

:pronam: :love: Jai Guru :love: :pronam:

#27 Hiaka

Hiaka
  • Members+
  • 97 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 01:25 PM

At initiation, I felt like X-rays were passing through my head--something intense that was clearing some karma out.

One of the monks noted that kriya practice is nonlinear. I think I know what he means. I've been practicing for many years. At first, I felt nothing in the spine. That made it hard to get inside the spine--there was nothing there to concentrate on. Gradually some feeling developed near the heart center. Over more years, it spread upwards and (more slowly) downwards. It still haven't reached the very base of the spine. The stronger that feeling is, the more there is to concentrate on, and the faster progress goes because it's easier to get inside the spine. The feeling is pleasant, and sometimes deeper experiences happen, but I could not yet call it overwhelmingly blissful.

If I don't practice enough, there is an unpleasant sense of pressure in the lower spine that forces me back to practicing.

#28 happybuddha

happybuddha
  • Members+
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 01:10 AM

Apologies, for the late reply.
>3) after discontinuing it
What I meant was more or less, irregular practise, or not practising since some time.
I am already into transcendental meditation for about 2 odd years now, taught by a clarivoyant/psychic (not really a guru).
So I wanted to relate the experiences with mine own. How long does a person generally practise kriya ? I was taught to meditate for 45 minutes first.. I did for some time.. then slipped to 30 minute bracket.. then 20 .. 10 and now thankfully I am bouncing back to meditating 20 minutes. I cant sit cross legged for a ligament tore in my knee .. ( Why me Lord ?)

I am scared now. Although 3 days ago I applied for the full course from the YSS of India. They say after a year or so, I shall recieve the kriya initiation.
This is something disturbing; many people say.. a lot of discomfort happened in their life after they were initiated into Kriya.... they say they were tested on this path..
why?
Kriya is just yoga. I am personally looking at kriya yoga only and only as a means to commune with God ( who has been deceivingly ignoring me !) which also means.. peace, patience and other attributes will come along..... but am I ready to be tested on the path of kriya ... ? I dont know.

What do you really mean by " ..I was tested.." ? Is it something like loss of a near one ? Is it being kicked out of job ? I am really scared.
Please, I have faced enough chalenges in this 24 year old life of mine. Let me know if I should step aside.. because if I have to do it, I have to do it now !

Peace and Bliss
Buddha

#29 blue cowboy

blue cowboy
  • Members+
  • 2,488 posts
  • Interests:Ganges River Rafting, worshiping at the Benaras Bathing Ghats, shopping and dining in Puri

Posted 17 December 2007 - 06:52 AM

Kriya burns up karma and hastens our natural evolution toward God - the source of all happiness. For the best reference, I would recommend the chapter on Kriya in the Autobiography of a Yogi.

The best thing, imho, you've done in this life is apply for those Lessons. Mark these words: YOU WON'T BE SORRY.

idf, bc

#30 Pearl Diver

Pearl Diver
  • Members+
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Outdoorsman, guitar, reading, meditating, growing.

Posted 17 December 2007 - 08:57 PM

Apologies, for the late reply.
>3) after discontinuing it
What I meant was more or less, irregular practise, or not practising since some time.
I am already into transcendental meditation for about 2 odd years now, taught by a clarivoyant/psychic (not really a guru).
So I wanted to relate the experiences with mine own. How long does a person generally practise kriya ? I was taught to meditate for 45 minutes first.. I did for some time.. then slipped to 30 minute bracket.. then 20 .. 10 and now thankfully I am bouncing back to meditating 20 minutes. I cant sit cross legged for a ligament tore in my knee .. ( Why me Lord ?)

I am scared now. Although 3 days ago I applied for the full course from the YSS of India. They say after a year or so, I shall recieve the kriya initiation.
This is something disturbing; many people say.. a lot of discomfort happened in their life after they were initiated into Kriya.... they say they were tested on this path..
why?
Kriya is just yoga. I am personally looking at kriya yoga only and only as a means to commune with God ( who has been deceivingly ignoring me !) which also means.. peace, patience and other attributes will come along..... but am I ready to be tested on the path of kriya ... ? I dont know.

What do you really mean by " ..I was tested.." ? Is it something like loss of a near one ? Is it being kicked out of job ? I am really scared.
Please, I have faced enough chalenges in this 24 year old life of mine. Let me know if I should step aside.. because if I have to do it, I have to do it now !

Peace and Bliss
Buddha

Happy Buddha

The greatest gift from God is a true Guru, who alone is qualified to lead us from Delusion. That opportunity dosen't come to just anyone. You are blessed to have found these teachings. It is up to you to follow. You are young in life and on this path. If after a year of sincere effort at these teachings, you still have doubts about Kriya initiation, then maybe Kriya yoga isn't for you. You alone will be the judge of that. I read through all the posts in your query and remember where all moving towards God at our own pace. No two have the same karma. Please don't get the wrong impression about Kriya Yoga or having to endure severe life lessons and tests on this path. That will happen with or without Yoga, so why not make the path a little easier.

IDF
Quiet Lion
Him who Loves, Feels Love descending, and if he has wisdom, knows it to be the poetic genius that is the Lord. William Blake

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users