•  

Photo

How Do You Feel After Practising Kriya Yoga ?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 happybuddha

happybuddha
  • Members+
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 01:23 AM

The greatest gift from God is a true Guru, who alone is qualified to lead us from Delusion. That opportunity dosen't come to just anyone. You are blessed to have found these teachings. It is up to you to follow. You are young in life and on this path. If after a year of sincere effort at these teachings, you still have doubts about Kriya initiation, then maybe Kriya yoga isn't for you. You alone will be the judge of that. I read through all the posts in your query and remember where all moving towards God at our own pace. No two have the same karma. Please don't get the wrong impression about Kriya Yoga or having to endure severe life lessons and tests on this path. That will happen with or without Yoga, so why not make the path a little easier.

IDF
Quiet Lion

Hi,

Thanks all for your replies. On the front of having a guru, i think I have been very misfortunate. My family has been a devotee of Brhamhachari Mohananda Ji Maharaj (Guru maharaj). He had given diksha to my dad, grandfather and his brother ( through the years). When it was my turn, I was supposed to have undergone the thread ceremony (ceremony of wearing the thread around my shoulder), and on his next visit I could have requested him to give me diksha.. alas, he took his samadhi before he could come back.
When he used to be visiting my city, I used to be the first child to run in front of him and he would hold me by my neck and take stairs (as a walking stick). When he would retire, the other bhaktas around me would come and ask me.. "did gurumaharaj touch your neck.. you will have a very sweet voice !" I used to think they are fools, for no man is a magician. But then, when I grew up and wanted to advance spiritually, there he was.. watching me from the skies... leaving me in an abyss.

When I was signing up for the lessons, this was the only thing in my mind. Although spiritually, unless and untill you are initiated (diksha) by a guru, you dont claim to be his disciple.But I grew up singing bhajans of my guru maharaj and dancing in ecstacy of his memories in my mind... and was tough to take a call. Then I thought, Paramahansa Yogananda ji would be my yogic guru and my guru Maharaj my spiritual guru. With so much on my mind, and people saying they were tested after they took kriya diksha really scared me. I hope am on the right path, with due respect to one and all.

I am sure, its more or less karma specific to suffer. then again, who gives the pain from the karma gives me the strength to stand through it.

Any other words of wisdom are welcome.

Peace and Bliss
Buddha

#32 paulo

paulo
  • Members+
  • 4,506 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 07:04 AM

who gives the pain from the karma gives me the strength to stand through it.

I think you answered your own question, hb. :) :praying:

God First! God Last! God Always! God Alone!

Greater then ever before is the need for purity of living and one-pointed determination and never-ceasing vigilance. The Kingdom of God is within you, and the portals are open wide to the expansion of all of your being in full consciousness of its glory. Press on and on.

#33 lucknow

lucknow
  • Members+
  • 4,383 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 01:37 PM

happybuddha, I have heard the SRF ministers at the temples say many times that when you take Kriya, Guruji takes charge of your karma, and he makes sure that you never get more than you can bear. I wouldn't worry too much about it, everyone has difficulties in their lives, it's part of life and it's not limited to kriyabans. Everyone I know has been through tough times.

After you study the lessons, you will come to know whether YSS/SRF is the path for you. You don't have to take diksha until you get kriya. So, give it a chance, you have plenty of time to see whether it's for you or not.

#34 happybuddha

happybuddha
  • Members+
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 01:10 AM

After you study the lessons, you will come to know whether YSS/SRF is the path for you. You don't have to take diksha until you get kriya. So, give it a chance, you have plenty of time to see whether it's for you or not.

Very well.
Thank you everyone for your time and experiences. I am grateful.

Regards,
Buddha.

P.S. Ive seen many sginatures signed with IDF. I did google for IDF.. no luck.
What does IDF stand for ?

#35 Hiaka

Hiaka
  • Members+
  • 97 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 09:20 AM

Very well.
Thank you everyone for your time and experiences. I am grateful.

Regards,
Buddha.

P.S. Ive seen many sginatures signed with IDF. I did google for IDF.. no luck.
What does IDF stand for ?

In Divine Friendship. Many disciples and monastics also use IMS (In Master's Service).

#36 a simple student

a simple student
  • Members+
  • 1,785 posts
  • Interests:Yoga, Meditation, Martial Arts, Literature, Philosophy, Prose-poetry, Information Technology, Physics, Art, Music, Philology, Physical Culture, Writing, Spirituality, Metaphysics, The Ocean The mountains, Sacred Places, Writing and Travel.

Enjoy the OM sound Darshan at mystical portal.net
    as of 8/14/2007

Posted 20 December 2007 - 05:06 PM

While I was just experimenting with the wondrous blessings of Hong Sau, and even before I even dreamed of being a disciple, I began to see the starry sky, the blue azure, and taste the inner peace...
But what really made me a disciple of this sacred path was my heart infinite gratitude to Guruji's healing powers... I remain forever grateful at the feet of the Guru!

So imagine for a second the baptism of fire you are about to receive. This covenant shall last until you find soul liberation.

:pronam:

#37 sai krishna

sai krishna
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 08:05 AM

Apologies, for the late reply.
>3) after discontinuing it
What I meant was more or less, irregular practise, or not practising since some time.
I am already into transcendental meditation for about 2 odd years now, taught by a clarivoyant/psychic (not really a guru).
So I wanted to relate the experiences with mine own. How long does a person generally practise kriya ? I was taught to meditate for 45 minutes first.. I did for some time.. then slipped to 30 minute bracket.. then 20 .. 10 and now thankfully I am bouncing back to meditating 20 minutes. I cant sit cross legged for a ligament tore in my knee .. ( Why me Lord ?)

I am scared now. Although 3 days ago I applied for the full course from the YSS of India. They say after a year or so, I shall recieve the kriya initiation.
This is something disturbing; many people say.. a lot of discomfort happened in their life after they were initiated into Kriya.... they say they were tested on this path..
why?
Kriya is just yoga. I am personally looking at kriya yoga only and only as a means to commune with God ( who has been deceivingly ignoring me !) which also means.. peace, patience and other attributes will come along..... but am I ready to be tested on the path of kriya ... ? I dont know.

What do you really mean by " ..I was tested.." ? Is it something like loss of a near one ? Is it being kicked out of job ? I am really scared.
Please, I have faced enough chalenges in this 24 year old life of mine. Let me know if I should step aside.. because if I have to do it, I have to do it now !

Peace and Bliss
Buddha

I have been practicing kriya for the past five years. The only thing I can say is it's wonderful. You feel as if you are addicted to meditation. Trails willcome to you weather you are on this path or some other but from personal experience I can say that a sense of inner joy always remains with you.We dont meditate just because Guruji has asked us to meditate but because we experience so much peace and joy.I feel this is the only way to live .Life without meditation is inconcievable.

Sai

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users